• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Footage Master Clip Effects not applying to Proxies Until I render the tilmeline

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the red footage which by default now in premiere REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10 per this article: https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059576833-Recommended-R3D-Workflow-for-Adobe-Premiere-P...

I then added Master Clip Effects to each clip and I created proxies. 

When I add footage to the timeline with the proxies ON, the footage displays as LOG until I render everything. Kinda a weird to have to work. Anyone have ay ideas? Could I make proxies with the master clips effects baked in? 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be good to have @TrentHappel pop in. This is a very specific media process and I'm not exactly sure of it myself yet.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the Master Clip settings recently changed with the Preimere update. Red does know about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can bake in the RED Source Settings into Proxies (at least as close as it can depending on Proxy format used). When you make changes to the RED Source Settings, make sure to click Save to RMD first, then Create Proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent. I'm having the same issue as the guy in the original post. However clicking Save to RMD before making the Proxies doesn't seem to work either. Anything else I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is the proxy workflow not working, but if I add any effect including Lumetri to a RED clip (or even to an Adjustment Layer above a RED clip) I can't see any adjustments I make to that effect until I render the clip.

Then I opened Premiere 2020 (version 14.9.0), imported the exact same clips, and everything worked perfectly!

The RED workflow is completely broken in Premiere 2021. Is there going to be a fix anytime soon?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to message RED and they just gave me a link to download their luts. Maybe something has changed now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines