• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red frames in playback using cinema dng files

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I  have tried everything. I filmed a short on the blackmagic pocket cinema camera and when I import through the media browser into premiere I get the shot but it is filed with random red frames. If i try to import the entire dng folder into premiere it just crashes. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have an answer?...thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had red frames when I inserted the improper SD card into the camera. BMPCC required the 95Mb/s and back then that was fast. A slower SD card then that cannot save all the compressed files fast enough and red frames were produced.

That might be one possible issue. Other then that, I have no red frames when using proper specification memory card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there is anyway to remove the red frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

view the image sequence in Adobe Bridge if possible and see if you have corrupt frames. After that, if they are corrupt, trash them. I am thinking in Bridge, you can use the Photoshop Tools and 'renumber the image sequence. As for the video to be smooth, that is lost, but,, or maybe duplicate surrounding good frames and fill in the red frames - even then, your video being smooth will be lost, depending what you shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually before trashing red frames - duplicate your image sequence folder. Save the original and edit the copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...I will try that out...It is weird because I don't get red frames in Da Vinci Resolve and on camera playback...Just in premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then there is something else going on, so what I have said would be another issue.

I have not done a BMPCC update since they stopped supporting it way back.

But, now that they have the BMPCC 4K coming out,,,, what firmware do you have, and I am not even sure what firmware I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, during Playback. Use proxies and maybe your computer specs need looking into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in other words...use da vinci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines