• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Giant Universe always chrashes my PC - is it Mac optimized?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I upgraded my PC and its very powerful now (Ryzen 9 3950x, RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4, M2-SSD....) but as soon as I apply for example a transition from Red Giant Universe, it really struggles, freezes shortly, stops exporting.... I used serveral PC setups until now and it NEVER worked. I have all the latest drivers and software updates, so is it possible, Red Giant ist mostly programmed for Mac?

I need to delete all Universe transitions etc from Layers within my project to get it to export properly...

Any ideas?

Regards,

Lukas

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas,  working regularly with all the Red Giant stuff on both PC & Mac, various versions of OS's and old and new Red Giant software. Have not had any major issues. So don't have any answers for you. But Red Giant support is pretty good and worth contacting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after further testing, 1080p sequences tend to work fine more or lss, 4k is still struggling a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'struggling' do you mean they take longer to render? Don't forget 4K requires 4 x times the computational effort of HD for your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it freezes, is very slow while editing in 4k. I tested it by only have two different solids in the timeline and apply universe transitions to it. It immediatly began to stutter, freeze, catching up again, freeze....and that with only two solids in the timeline!! No highly compressed video clip or 8k footage or else, just a simple solid! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the perfomance issues appear already when only have two solids in the timeline and then use universe transitions to get from one solid to the other....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines