Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red numbers in Audio

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After a few trys trying to follow people's videos on how to export my video, somehow I now have red numbers along the audio clip.  What are they I have included a photo of them sorry for the distortion but I believe you can see what I am talking about.  Thank you,

Lueyaudio.jpg

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

This is an indicator that the audio clips and their associated video clips are out of sync by the shown amount. If you click on the red numbers you will be givne the option to move the clips back into sync or to slide the clips back into sync. Make sure you are moving the correct clip, either the audio or video, depending which has moved. It might be that you want the keep the out of sync, in which case ignore the numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an indicator that the audio clips and their associated video clips are out of sync by the shown amount. If you click on the red numbers you will be givne the option to move the clips back into sync or to slide the clips back into sync. Make sure you are moving the correct clip, either the audio or video, depending which has moved. It might be that you want the keep the out of sync, in which case ignore the numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much......  What did I do to have them move?  The only thing consistently that I have done was the rendering.  Was told if I rendered befor eexporting then it would make the video upload way faster UGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are called "Linked Selection"the link audio en video of one source to keep them sync. See this document: https://nofilmschool.com/2018/07/3-timeline-buttons-you-need-use 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a offset marker. not linked selection. what you posted doesn't really help. as i don't have them showing after an update, and can't find where to turn on the option for the time line to see offset audio sync markers, and unfortunetly that article you posted doesn't mention them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the Merge Clips option, then cut either end of the clip, you will also get these.

And just need to ignore them.

One of the numerous reasons the Multicam clip option is the preferred one for joining separate audio to video.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did I do to have them move?

You likely did it with an errant mouse click.  I do it occasionally.  Control + Z is my friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to turn off this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this option:

oos indicator.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines