Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RED .r3d files dropping offline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 iMac, 10.15.7, PP 14.9.0

I'm editing directly with RED camera files and am routinely finding clips, or segments of clips, offline. I'm spending much time relinking. Often the Premiere window will appear empty where the footage lives, only to reappear at a subsequent attempt. Footage is from Komodo. Seems like a Premiere bug. Curious if I am the only one experiencing this issue. thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating, eh?

What are the media trails and folder-tree setups? How long is the filename by the time you consider the whole folder-tree part? Sometimes that can become an issue with folder/folder/folder all with long names and media with long names.

Just throwing out a possible thing to check

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil. Looks like they live 5 folders in. Indeed the whole file path is VERY long. The randomness of which ones drop is puzzling to me. Maybe I will shorten the path for a few clips to see if results are different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In heavy pro work, it's not unusual for there to be a ton of organization folders, and also for the file names to have date/time and even perhaps location or camera name or other things on them. Including "special" characters other than letters, numbers, hyphens & underscores.

Combine that, and I've heard of intermittent linking/unlinking issues.

Getting rid of extraneous "special characters" and shortening total file location/name routines is at those times the fix.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines