Highlighted

RED R3D Footage Imported into Premiere with Rec 709 Output Transform Settings - How To Change?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that whenever I important RED R3D footage into Premiere, it automattically applies the Output Transform Settings (accessable via "Master" settings for each clip) for Rec.709 (Color Space) and BT.1886 (Gamma Curve) instead of REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10 (my desired settings). I must go through, clip-by-clip, and changes these settings to REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10 in each clips' "Master" settings. Is there an easier way to do this? Or a way to universally tell Premiere to apply different Color Space and Gamma Curve settings to imported R3D clips? Over time, it can be quite time consuming to have to adjust these individually after import for every clip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 4.48.26 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RED R3D Footage Imported into Premiere with Rec 709 Output Transform Settings - How To Change?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that whenever I important RED R3D footage into Premiere, it automattically applies the Output Transform Settings (accessable via "Master" settings for each clip) for Rec.709 (Color Space) and BT.1886 (Gamma Curve) instead of REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10 (my desired settings). I must go through, clip-by-clip, and changes these settings to REDWideGamutRGB and Log 3G10 in each clips' "Master" settings. Is there an easier way to do this? Or a way to universally tell Premiere to apply different Color Space and Gamma Curve settings to imported R3D clips? Over time, it can be quite time consuming to have to adjust these individually after import for every clip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 4.48.26 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Win10 rig, RED media always shows up with the settings I'd see  if I click on the "as shot" tab at the top of the RED controls. Huh.

You can of course set the settings you want, right-click the Red Source Settings title line, and Save as a Preset.

Then you can drag/drop that on multiple selected clips to apply that instead of the current Red Source Settings options.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0