• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Source Settings (AEVideofilter:29)

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a film for several months with Red Raw footage.

I've had several cuts finished. However recently I've been running into an error code.

A low-level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings (AEVideoFilter:29)

It causes me to not be able to play footage on a timeline and when I try to save after the error alert appears the save bar freezes. I've let it sit for 5 minuets like that and no progress is made. If I cancel the save and exit out of the program, the program proceeds to crash. I haven't been able to make real progress on this project do to  this issue.

Computer Specs

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 1700

GTX 1080TI

64GB Ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same exact problem

Premiere 2019

Windows 10

RTX 2080 TI

64 GB Ram

No After effects or premiere effects have been applied. Just edits in premiere. Happens after about 1/2 hour - 1Hour of editing RED RAW footage.

I clear out my premiere media cache just incase and re-launch project. I'm constantly backing up and creating new saved versions. 

Pretty sad that we have to deal with this. I have seen this error in previous premiere versions while working with RED footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I found a solution and just wanted to share.  I always work offline.

I decided to stay online with creative cloud while working with a Premiere 2019 and have not had the problem since. Hopefully this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem "a low-level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings (AEVideoFilter:29)" and couldn't find a fix online (anywhere!) So eventually I managed to pin point the error myself. Maybe it could help you too!?

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WHAT CAUSED MY PROBLEM:

On my timeline I had rendered out another version of a specific .R3D file with a different ISO setting via RED-CINE X (because it was a one shot from a very dark scene, moving into a very bright scene)

The name remained the same on the two versions (A067_C041_0320F6_001.R3D) but they were in different folders, with different length on the footage.

The project had no problems for about 3 months (documentary) then one day everything started to crash.

After updating to a new version of premiere - all of a sudden the error, "a low-level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings (AEVideoFilter:29)” started to appear followed by “out of memory” and “unspecified drawing error”. The project kept on crashing all the time.

Turns out that by updating Premiere to version 13.1.4 (build 2) must somehow have linked the RMD of the two different exports of ISO with the same filename together which caused the whole timeline to crash again and again. (I kept running out of RAM on my GPU (yes, I actually bought a new GPU to eliminate that possibility)

THE SOLUTION:

I deleted the "duplicate" files from the project (leaving a blank space in the timeline where they were before.)

Renamed the "duplicate" files (which are spanning files so in my case 4 different .R3D files and the folder containing them) re-imported them into the project again and matched the time codes to get them in where they used to be.

Problem solved, no errors, no out of memory and no unspecified drawing error. (hope that made sense)

PROJECT INFO:

Premiere version: 13.1.4 (build 2)

Editing mode: RED Cinema

Timebase: 25 fps

Frame size: 8192x4320 (256:135)

Footage: 8192x4320, 25fps, REDcode 12:1, IPP2 (colorspace: REDWideGamutRGB, Log 3G10) about 10 hours of footage.

Timeline: about 15 minutes

COMPUTER INFO:

Windows 10 (64 bit)

CPU:      i9-7980XE @2.60GHz

GPU:     2080 TI (founders edition) - (Used to be 1080)

RAM:    64 GB

Hard drive: Internal RAID 0 of two 8 TB PRO discs.

FAILED FIX ATTEMPTS:

Removed all grade

Deleted all adjustment layers

Turned off mercury playback (GPU powered playback)

Switched RAM from Performance to Memory

Created blank new project and imported entire old project

Deleted unused timelines and removed all unused files in project

Updated graphics card driver

Uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled

Uninstalled and reinstalled all RED related drivers.

Cleared the media cache folders (manually, all of them)

Reinstalled Windows 10

Bought a new GPU (But I really like it so it's ok)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that, David! Awesome help for fellow users.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this! It was my suspicion, but didn't know how to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines