I've been working on a film for several months with Red Raw footage.
I've had several cuts finished. However recently I've been running into an error code.
A low-level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings (AEVideoFilter:29)
It causes me to not be able to play footage on a timeline and when I try to save after the error alert appears the save bar freezes. I've let it sit for 5 minuets like that and no progress is made. If I cancel the save and exit out of the program, the program proceeds to crash. I haven't been able to make real progress on this project do to this issue.
AMD Ryzen 1700
I'm getting the same exact problem
RTX 2080 TI
64 GB Ram
No After effects or premiere effects have been applied. Just edits in premiere. Happens after about 1/2 hour - 1Hour of editing RED RAW footage.
I clear out my premiere media cache just incase and re-launch project. I'm constantly backing up and creating new saved versions.
Pretty sad that we have to deal with this. I have seen this error in previous premiere versions while working with RED footage.
It looks like I found a solution and just wanted to share. I always work offline.
I decided to stay online with creative cloud while working with a Premiere 2019 and have not had the problem since. Hopefully this helps
I ran into the same problem "a low-level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings (AEVideoFilter:29)" and couldn't find a fix online (anywhere!) So eventually I managed to pin point the error myself. Maybe it could help you too!?
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WHAT CAUSED MY PROBLEM:
On my timeline I had rendered out another version of a specific .R3D file with a different ISO setting via RED-CINE X (because it was a one shot from a very dark scene, moving into a very bright scene)
The name remained the same on the two versions (A067_C041_0320F6_001.R3D) but they were in different folders, with different length on the footage.
The project had no problems for about 3 months (documentary) then one day everything started to crash.
After updating to a new version of premiere - all of a sudden the error, "a low-level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings (AEVideoFilter:29)” started to appear followed by “out of memory” and “unspecified drawing error”. The project kept on crashing all the time.
Turns out that by updating Premiere to version 13.1.4 (build 2) must somehow have linked the RMD of the two different exports of ISO with the same filename together which caused the whole timeline to crash again and again. (I kept running out of RAM on my GPU (yes, I actually bought a new GPU to eliminate that possibility)
I deleted the "duplicate" files from the project (leaving a blank space in the timeline where they were before.)
Renamed the "duplicate" files (which are spanning files so in my case 4 different .R3D files and the folder containing them) re-imported them into the project again and matched the time codes to get them in where they used to be.
Problem solved, no errors, no out of memory and no unspecified drawing error. (hope that made sense)
Premiere version: 13.1.4 (build 2)
Editing mode: RED Cinema
Timebase: 25 fps
Frame size: 8192x4320 (256:135)
Footage: 8192x4320, 25fps, REDcode 12:1, IPP2 (colorspace: REDWideGamutRGB, Log 3G10) about 10 hours of footage.
Timeline: about 15 minutes
Windows 10 (64 bit)
CPU: i9-7980XE @2.60GHz
GPU: 2080 TI (founders edition) - (Used to be 1080)
RAM: 64 GB
Hard drive: Internal RAID 0 of two 8 TB PRO discs.
FAILED FIX ATTEMPTS:
Removed all grade
Deleted all adjustment layers
Turned off mercury playback (GPU powered playback)
Switched RAM from Performance to Memory
Created blank new project and imported entire old project
Deleted unused timelines and removed all unused files in project
Updated graphics card driver
Uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled
Uninstalled and reinstalled all RED related drivers.
Cleared the media cache folders (manually, all of them)
Reinstalled Windows 10
Bought a new GPU (But I really like it so it's ok)
Thanks for posting that, David! Awesome help for fellow users.
Thank you for this! It was my suspicion, but didn't know how to fix it!