Highlighted

Red spots/artifacts/blotches on skin S-Log2 footage

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot this footage in S-Log2 and noticed that in several of my clips on this guy's skin, red spots/blotches appear.  This is a screen grab taken from the program monitor.  It seems to be worse when the guy is in shadows.  Does anyone know what this is?  

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.06.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.05.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Red spots/artifacts/blotches on skin S-Log2 footage

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot this footage in S-Log2 and noticed that in several of my clips on this guy's skin, red spots/blotches appear.  This is a screen grab taken from the program monitor.  It seems to be worse when the guy is in shadows.  Does anyone know what this is?  

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.06.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.05.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica5C80,

Sorry to hear about this. We would need more info to get this checked. Please let us know the source of this S-Log2 media and its specifications (format/codec, frame rate & frame size). Is this an 8-bit S-log2 file or a 10-bit file? Also, is there any color correction/grading done to the media in the timeline? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0