• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red video glitch at render and export in Premiere Pro CS6.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on experiencing red screen glitches in my videos while viewing after render and when exported into any format. After replacing the clip with another, the same problem appears at the exact same time as before. The only way to get rid of the glitch is to build a completely new project. I have attached a picture of the glitch (the JPEG is green for some reason).

redglitch.jpg

Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best GUESS is that your project sequence does not match your video

So, read/reply - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion but I am pretty sure that is not it. All of my clips are recorded in AVCHD and the sequence has the same settings as the source file. Also, CS6 will automatically match the sequence to the source files.

The glitch only occurs with some clips which cause red screen glitches and abnormal render times. I will do more research and play with Premiere some more.  Will post a solution if I can find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anybody ever find the cause/solution to this problem?  I am having the same issue.  I am working with .mts files, avchd 1920 interlaced footage natively on CS6 and exporting to Mpeg2.  I have a few video tracks and it is a single video layer that is being temporarily replaced with a red screen.  Leaving text or images visable that are on seperate tracks.  The red can be a single 10 second occurance or it can be a flicker and does not show up in the project, only after exporting.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the latest 6.0.4 update? At least one person has reported that the single frame red flashes that he was getting with 6.0.3 do not happen with 6.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the real same problem. it is annoying !

i have even newer version 6.0.5 and the problem occurs.

- i have only solution to export and slowly modify the videos in the case i put something (different sequence, some title  = but with 0% opacity ) above this  .mts files in timeline, you can edit and see them, but anytime you want render them, red screen appears .

- after you need put something to different timeline line again.

silly.

Adobe support, come back from CC here to us, and resolve please this silly bug.

thank you a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a bug until it is reproduced by many people. I have never seen this.

Did you have this issue prior to 6.0.3?

What camera are you using.

Render: as in making the timeline green for preview or export.

Do you see these red and green clips in the timeline or just on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for fast answer.

my version is  6.0.5.  ( 001 (MC: 264587))

i use more kinds of cameras, but each provide different video file type.

this problem is with  HC-V700 Panasonic, which is creating the AVCHD files.

i am talking about working video window, where you see the movie you cut and edit! (not the green/blue/red bar in timeline)

(after finishing the rendering, sometimes without it), and in case when i see it red, it is exported as well as RED screen .

and - on the other side : i can play such movie file, by double clicking on it, (from project files list, or from timeline ) where new window appears for playing that file.

thank you for your interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do You have any suggestions Ann ?

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not aswer my question: did you see these red frames prior to updating to 6.0.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh..  i cannot really tell, when premiere did update to 6.0.5, but it is true that :

- i did encounter this only few days

- in different project, the AHCVD movies are ok, even after rendering, it is normal how it should be.

- the project where this problem occured is bigger, and only solution which i see now, is to convert mts files to different type .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not use spanned clip roll back to 6.03 and see it it is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try, .. is there some normal way how to down-grade my Premiere version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a fun process.  You'll need to uninstall PP, run the Cleaner tool, and then reinstall PP, but only update to 6.0.3.

It's a lot of work to check something is seems unlikely to be the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might be a problem with hardware accelerated Mercury Playback Engine. I was having the same issues until I switched from CUDA accelerated to software only MPE for previews and final output. If anyone else is having this problem, give that a shot.

It's also worth noting that the problem tends to occur frequently with effects that are not hardware accelerated - many complex transition effects, for example - and effects that are very resource-intensive, like Lumetri. You might want to switch accelerated MPE off if you're using a lot of those effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These days year before i HAD NOT mercure plaback engine with CUDA acceleration working on.

now I HAVE IT  ( GeForce TITAN GTX ), and problem visited me BACK  !!!

yes, if i would turn of mercury playback engine, the problem will dissapear.

but do you want me NOT to use my graphic card so ?  silly . 

export of the red screened video seems OK, it exports exactly as the video is, without red screen, problem is somewhere in normal playing video with cuda support .

i am truly dissapointed,

lots of freezings, falling of the software, unrealiable behaviour,

always need something to "repair" and sort out.

if i would know this will be happening to me, I would not buy ever the Adobe software collection.

I do not recommend it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a problem with rendering the film out in the media encoder instead of rendering it straight out of Premiere Pro. I had never seen the red screen in my renders until I started to render in the media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having this problem, I exported my video out of After Effects CS6 no problem to a .mov file 1920x1080. Then when exporting from Prem I didn't even notice until a week after uploading video to Vimeo that half way through the vid goes red. Solid red.

Going back into Prem to check I was able to export it out direct from an after effects pre comp. But on the export it had like a frame blending going on.. Undesired effect and deff not selected. Though the vid played right through.

So I tried again uploading the .mov 8Gb file to Prem, in the playback I found the .mov will playback to half of the vid and then, bam it goes solid red. This is without export this is in the previewing. Im thinking then its a file size issue.

How to fix as Id still like to be editing from that 8GB file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems no one found solution, I'm going to render anyway with the glitch in AE then edit only that part in Pr 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue after replacing a clip that's an After Effects render, but only while the play head is over the file I'm replacing. The only way I've found to get rid of the red screen is to quit Premiere Pro and restart. The only way to avoid it is to just move the play head off the clip while it's being re-rendered in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a solutiuon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines