• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refuses to export according to settings

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export 405x720 9:16 for Spotify Canvas.

Export setting changes to 404 and I even if I try to change the export dimensions manually it changes back to 404. I can export in 404 or 406 but not 405???? How do I solve this?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Odd numbers are not supported.

Best is to choose a number that can be divide by 4. So 404 is the way to go for H.264

If you still want 405 export to prores and convert with Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd numbers are not supported.

Best is to choose a number that can be divide by 4. So 404 is the way to go for H.264

If you still want 405 export to prores and convert with Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spotify ONLY accepts 9:16. 405x720 the correct dimensions for it... I've tried higher resolution aswell. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spotify ONLY accepts 9:16. 405x720 the correct dimensions for it...

As Ann says, odd numbers are not suported by the H.264 codec in any encoding app. Spotify seems more precise about the height were they say "At least 720px tall" while they say nothing about the width. Kind of misleading when they in the same specs says "Vertical 9:16 ratio". So while 405x720 is mathematically 100% correct in reproducing 9:16 404x720 or 406x720 is not so far from 100% either.

Have you tried to upload a file with the size 404x720 or 406x720? What happened when you did?

Spotify specs:

Vertical 9:16 ratio
At least 720px tall
3-8 seconds long
An MP4 or JPG file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap.... Tried 'em all and Spotify says it's not 9:16 and rejects it.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried 'em all and Spotify says it's not 9:16 and rejects it.... 

O.k. Since Spotify writes that the height should be "At least 720px tall" i interpret it that a video that is taller than 720px would be ok as well. 

So, since 9 divided by 16 is 0,5625 and 405 divided by 720 is 0,5625 as well i tried to find the nearest candidate that is 100% 9:16 video. 414 divided by 736 is 0,5625 as well so it is 100% 9:16 as well so i would try those dimensions.

414x736 is 9:16 and is "at least 720px tall" and should hopefully satisfy them. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake has the same restrictions... Thanks for the tip though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to contact Spotify on this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have but cannot get a straight answer... Since it's been working for major labels for a while now there is a way to upload correctly, but how....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mp4 export that's the proglem. Mpeg, no problem. I need Mp4 for Spotify...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Annoying but easy workaround following on from Ann Bens point, double the standard 720p resolution and it works fine.

810x1440. All even numbers and spotify is happy with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines