• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relink via scripting an AEGRAPHIC

Participant ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i noticed that i cannot relink an .AEGRAPHIC clip (the graphic templates imported via essential graphic), using method changeMediaPath(), like other clips. Is there a way to relink them via scripting?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

No, you'd need to insert the different .mogrt; in PPro, they function like 'stencils'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you'd need to insert the different .mogrt; in PPro, they function like 'stencils'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mhh...i think i have not understand 😄 what you mean with "insert the different .mogrt"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The contents of the original .mogrt are instantiated in the sequence; no linkage to a file, is ever created. 

So, to replace the original .mogrt with a different one, you'd need to remove the original .mogrt, and insert the new .mogrt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But with "reveal in explorer" it show me the file .aegraphic created on disk, in the folder of my project. The command menù "replace footage" is greyed out but, if i turn it offline, then i can use the command menù "link multimedia object" (don't know the precise english translation) to link the aegraphic to the new copied version of it. It's strange, because it has a fisical path on disk but i cannot relink it.

Maybe is there a method that works like "link multimedia  object" instead of using changeMediaPath?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changeMediaPath() is the only relevant function, and (as you've found) it doesn't work for .mogrts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a workaround..if i use getXMPmetadata(), change the portion of the text "file path" with the new path and the use setXMPmetadata(), can it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it, but testing is the way to confirm...

If there were a known work-around, we would have shared it with you already. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but i was hoping you didn't think about this, due the tons of answer you give in the forum 😄 

On the reference, it says that the getXMP return a serialized string..it means a huge string with comma separated fields? If not, there is a sample somewhere? Aaaand last question: these fields are always in the same position in the string (ie the 3rd word in the string) or it may vary?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, XMP is returned as an enormous 'blob' of text; it's not comma-delimited. The presence and positions of fields vary. 

Here example usage, from PProPanel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Google

Công Trực Nguyễn

Công Trực Nguyễn

Tôi đã chia sẻ một địa điểm với bạn

Tiếng Việt

Tiếng Việt

1981 Landings Dr, Mountain View, CA 94043, Hoa Kỳ

Xem trên Google Maps

Google

© 2018 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Do Công Trực Nguyễn gửi thông qua Google Maps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines