• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

relinking media. file found, but OK greyed out.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the file in the media browser, hit search and it acknowledges that the file is found. But the only options available are search and cancel. OK is greyed out so I am unable to link media. What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us.

post+screendump.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish a fix to this had been discussed - I'm having the same problem.OK Greyed Out.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that folder the 'bottom" folder the file is in? I notice there's a twirl-down arrow by it, and wonder if you need to go down another folder or two.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the bottom folder; however, I'm working with Blackmagic's BRAW and I didn't have the converter installed. I suspect that was the main issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, BRAW. I suppose you are using the freebie plugin from BlackMagic. I used that for a while, but there were so many continuous issues. I finally tried the Autokroma plugin and it charmingly just ... worked.

With more options than the BM provided freebie. And their staff provide more support for even the BM plugin than BM does. You might consider it your self. A small fee, but gives you options like presets. And a number of utilities.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with ARRIRAW + ProRes files and I am having the same problem. This is very common issue that I notice from time to time. Trying to use a portable HDD (G-DRIVE OSX ewww) and having the problem. Format is HFS+, maybe the size of the disk and it being a USB interface causing the problems?

@rachaelmcfarland95 what drive/how big is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a screenshot - http://prntscr.com/xpw9ja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the screenshot shows the file in a folder called trashes.  Probably not a good idea.  Move it to another folder...  or even better, back to it's original location. Also, it's possible the file got corrupted.  Try importing the file into premiere.  If it doesn't import than there's some other issue besides relinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ended up being the problem the fodlers were hidden, with . prefix infront of the folder names. I made a new folder called just "Trashes" and it worked fine as it showed up in Windows file explorer.

Bloody macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Folders* also same account just logged in with Google..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines