• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

relinking media when moving a project between mac and windows

Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how useful this workaround will be, but I've got a client working on a mac and I'm at the moment working on windows.  I have a clone of her media drive with the same name and I have HFS+for windows so i can read a drive that's formatted macos extended.  She sent me a project yesterday and I had to relink all the footage.  Not a big deal relinking everything.  We worked for a bit today with me looking over her shoulder via zoom and she sent me the updated project (which she'd don a save as with todays date).  I tried to open the project (while my last project was still open) and the locate media dialog came up.  I cancelled and had a brainstorm.  Instead of opening it as a separate project, I imported it into the project I had worked on before.  Lo and behold, all the media was connected...  Not sure how practical a workaround this will be but there's something going on here...

We're both working in CC2019 on this project...

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend working with Project Manager. Go to file/project manager. You can use Project Manager to copy all of the assets and the project into a central folder. You can then share the folder with the other user after making changes. 

It's very simple to work with and Mac projects can be opened on Windows machines and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines