• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove audio hiss in Premiere?

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to remove audio hiss in Premiere?  

I see lots of videos but only for Audition...  If I need Audition, do I use it as a plugin for Premiere, or standalone?  If standalone, should I do audio work before other video work?  Then re-import into Premiere?  Does this decrease resolution having to multiply save a file?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would fix the file in audition and then export it. Then import the file into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I have the video (90 mins) in 19 clips.  So I have to assemble in Premiere, then export and edit audio in Audition.  Then re-import into Premiere for denoise (with Neat Video), then back into Premiere for tone/color balancing??  Whew, I'm dizzy already ~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd just take the audio from Audition to Premiere. No video degradation dealing with just the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the DeNoise filter in Premiere Pro. This can be added per clip or per track. I prefer to do the video work first and when the edits are done i take care of the audio.

Averdahl_0-1624469328715.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually there are 2 ways to do this prooperly in my opinion.

1. Use the "DeEsser" affect under Audio Effects---->Amplitude and Compression.

2. Use an "Graphic Equlaizer 10 Band" layer under Audio Effects---->Filter and EQ.

Both of these can then be change in detail under "Effect Controls" in the effect pane.  DeEsser seems to be another word for De-"S"er... get it?  For the 10 band layer you just bring the to high hertz on the far right to the bottom or at least lower than they were set to minimize higher trebles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines