Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove distortion in green background

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I am new to Premiere Pro. I am making some videos of my son and need your support in editing.

I am using a green background and want to remove the same while editing the video. By using Ultra Key I am able to remove the green background but there is some distortion in the background and I am not sure how can I remove this distortion.

So I need your expert guidance on removing this distortion. It will be a great help.

I have attached both the source and exported videos in this thread.

Regards,

Aman

P.S.: The background used in the exported video is for testing purposes only and not intended to use the same in the final video.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Green screening is blasted hard. Period.

First, the screen needs to be as smooth as possible, no wrinkles ... totally flat.

Second, lit evenly for brightness edge to edge.

Third, the subject needs to be several feet from the screen so there's no (or at least very litte) bounce of green onto the subject. It can help if you have "rim" or "scrim" lights coming from the top outside back of the screen to the subject, set to about the light of your subject's face fill light. That can really cont

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green screening is blasted hard. Period.

First, the screen needs to be as smooth as possible, no wrinkles ... totally flat.

Second, lit evenly for brightness edge to edge.

Third, the subject needs to be several feet from the screen so there's no (or at least very litte) bounce of green onto the subject. It can help if you have "rim" or "scrim" lights coming from the top outside back of the screen to the subject, set to about the light of your subject's face fill light. That can really control green showing up in say, hair.

Fourth, a lot of pros doing green screen use multiple masking/keying passes. First a "gross" mask where the mask is set out from the subject a safe amount, and use the mask to cut the green background out. Then they use one green screen key to do most of the 'main' work around torso/clothing/arms. And finally, a more highly defined key for cleaning up hair.

This is to give you an idea of what the process is that is taken on the pro stuff you watch. It takes some practice and study to get it done decently. And there are quite a few that will note that though you can green-screen in Premiere, AfterEffects has vastly higher-quallity masking tools.

But ... that's another tough app to learn.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil for your in-depth advice. I will follow your mentioned steps and will arrange proper lighting. Also, will use the masking technique for editing the video.

Thank you once again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Start the Photoshop app on your Mac or PC. Pull up the image you'd like to remove the background from by clicking "File," and then "Open…" from the top menu.

2. Next, it's time to wield the Quick Selection Tool. The icon, a solid rectangle surrounded by a dotted line, is found on the left side toolbar by right-clicking the Object Selection Tool and clicking the third icon.

How to remove background in Photoshop
The Quick Selection tool isn't the only way to go about isolating subjects in Photoshop, but it is definitely one of the easier ways. Emma Witman/Business Insider
3. Click piece by piece until you have surrounded the image that you want to remain in the foreground, or the part of the image that will remain after the background has been removed. You can also tap "Select Subject" in the upper "Options" menu bar.

I'm foregoing the "Select Subject" button for the purposes of practice, but in all honesty, it's a very good if not equally effective way to lasso the desired subject matter. Emma Witman/Business Insider
Zoom
in to fix any imperfections around your subject. You can also do this in "Quick Mask" mode.

5. When you're happy with the image that you want to isolate from the background, right click your outlined subject and click "Layer Via Copy."

Right click and select "Layer Via Copy" from the menu. Emma Witman/Business Insider
6. Tap the eyeball icon in the "Layers" panel next to "Layer 0," as it will be called by default to make the background disappear, in the menu on the right side of your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines