• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing LUT after syncing audio

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am bumping into an odd issue regarding removing the automatically applied default Amira LUT.

I edited a very long piece keeping the default LUT in place as a placeholder. Now the cut is locked and I got the final LUT. But when I go to remove it, the LUT does not go away when the clip has synced audio. Meaning, I can remove the default LUT from clips without audio and from multicamera clips, but not from clips that have been synced to an audio track.

And just to clarify, Disable Source Clip Effects is greyed out, and if I go into Modify Clip, Color Management options is also greyed out (see attached). I also double clicked and went into Effect Controls, but there are no effects there.

Any thoughts? I have kept the original source clips without sound in the project and the LUT gets removed from those without an issue. But the thought of having to resync hours and hours of footage is rather frustrating...

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.47.30 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color management options in the Modify/Interpret Footage are only active at this time for XDCAM and ProRes footage. So that wouldn't be a place that would affect the Amira media at all.

So ... there's nothing in the Source tab in the Effects control for Amira media either, and toggling Global FX Mute doesn't "kill" the LUT? Trying to just get a better feel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The footage was shot as ProRes. Interestingly enough, the exact same clip before syncing the audio does allow changing or removing the input LUT from color management (see attached).

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 4.01.20 PM.png

About the source tab, nothing, no effects in the Effects control. And Disable Source Clip Effects is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's a ProRes as shot on the RED camera.

I wonder if you could simply unlink the files on the sequence, see if then you can change in the modify/interpret box, then relink?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ProRes from camera.

No luck with unlinking, I am still unable to change the modify box. The interpret option is greyed out when picture is offline. Funny, you can actually see the LUT applied to the offline media screen. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 5.33.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - were you able to find an answer to this? I am having the exact same issue you described. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide the full details anyway, just to make sure we're all "hearing" the same thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no. I had to spend many hours linking back to the raw and replacing picture. It was extremely annoying but... live and learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you export a final cut xml to Resolve and then bring it back in that way? Perhaps even grade in Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking back, we may have had a mis-comunication on the original thread Nokturnnia.

I was suggesting unlinking the audio on the timeline not off-lining the clip in a bin. Unlinking would make the sequence hazardous for any movements you might make so care would need to be taken.

But maybe then it would allow you to access the clip properties tab competely. I think it was syncing the clip to a separate audio that's the issue here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines