• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming Media for Import into a New Project

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an opening title sequence to save and use in a range of projects, some with videos I have already made. The sequence will include still images, voice over, text and music that I have created in another (single project). 

My problem is that when I open the media browser to view the project with the media I need, there are so many VO's and clips with default names, I don't know which are the ones I need, mainly because I can't get the audio clips to play in a way I can undertsand them.

I have renamed some of the clips in the existing project and re-saved it (including 'save as') but the new names for the clips do not appear in media browser, only the default names. 

There must be an easy way to do this, that I'm missing! Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an option to just export a master file of this intro sequence and import that clip into the future projects?

If you need to keep it editable or would just prefer to import a sequence via Media Browser you should be able to just clean up the project with your intro sequence (including creating Bins to store all the different media) and when you are in a new project you can use MB to navigate to the template and import that Intro Sequence. It should only bring in what is used in the sequence - and it usually does a good job of remembering the folders you had used in the previous project as well, so if you want, all that media from the Intro Sequence project can just be dumped into a folder.

Hopefully this is helpful, maybe I don't have my head entirely wrapped around your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help. I tried to edit and save the necessary clips from a previous project but found it too complicated. What I need is at the beginning of a very long sequence with dozens of separate clips. It was taking me too long to delete everything I don't need. So, I thought it would be easier to use MB. But, maybe not. 🙂

I'm quite new to this, so only some of your excellent reply is making sense for me, at the momnet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines