• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render and Replace. "Transcode Failure: Unable to Match Video Aspect"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm working on a sequence that contains a few clips horizontally and vertically flipped and played in reverse. Considering that when I play the sequence it lags a lot, I tried to use the "Render and Replace" function on the clips concerned, but every time Adobe Premiere gives me this error: "Transcode Failure: Unable to Match Video Aspect". It gives the same error even when I try to apply "Render and Replace" to a clip just imported in the timeline and without any effect. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing the error?
Thank you very much. Bye.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Instead of Render and Replace, go to Sequence>Render In to Out.

Render and Replace actually replaces your source footage with the rendered version, and that rendered version is then re-rendered during Export.

Render In to Out just renders preview files for use in the timeline to make your editing go faster, which is what I think you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of Render and Replace, go to Sequence>Render In to Out.

Render and Replace actually replaces your source footage with the rendered version, and that rendered version is then re-rendered during Export.

Render In to Out just renders preview files for use in the timeline to make your editing go faster, which is what I think you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!! Yes, the function of "Render In to Out" is really what I was looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bit late to comment, but I just had to come and mention that this tip saved me so much time and effort. I cannot believe I never knew about this trick before. Thank you so, SO much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines