• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render In to Out Not Working . . .

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Premiere Pro cc and in my current project "render in to out" doesn't seem to do anything. In my last project it worked fine. Anything with a yellow or red line above it in my last project would render and then I could edit.

The current behavior is that when I hit "render in to out" nothing happens. Nothing. No dialog box . . . nothing. When there is a red line above the clip, I can select the clip and then click "render selection" and it will render that clip and then a green line will appear above it. However, if there is a yellow line above a clip, it will not render even if I select the clip and then click on "render selection."

This is not the same behavior as in my last project which I just finished last night! Same machine. Same version of Adobe Premiere. Different clips though . . . these are from my DSLR instead of my phone. Some are from my phone, but I did not run them through Handbrake like I did on my last project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Just checking - you do have in and out marks set for the area you want to render, correct? If the in and out points are set to an area of the timeline where rendering is not required, then nothing will happen when you elect "Render  In to Out".

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have yellow bars, are you having any playback issues? Asking because probably 65% of my sequence 'areas' will have yellow bars, but I don't have any playback issues there. Frequently don't with small sections with red bars even, at full size. Longer sections of red, yea, those can be an issue for me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little choppy - not terrible, as I'm using 1080p clips as opposed to 4k clips in my last project. But I'm just trying to understand the mechanics of Premiere Pro as it doesn't seem to behave consistently. Thanks for the feedback and maybe I'll just ignore it. Perhaps Premiere can tell when it's bad enough to actually need rendering. New computer on the horizon should fix most of these issues!

https://t.co/pZMXzgxUYY​ (Link to new system.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set resolution to 1/2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will try setting resolution to 1/2 and will also try setting in / out marks. Didn't do that for my last project though . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's comment to set resolution to half works well much of the time.

The bars, btw, are 'warning' bars, not problem indicators. Nowhere near as "precise" as everyone coming into PrPro expects.

Yellow ... well, there might be an issue maybe ... though probably not. (So ... if it's that low a probability, why the warning bar? Dunno ... )

Red ... there's probably going to be issues at some point with either stutter or dropped-frames in longer clips. To ... Oh. My. Gosh. Playing three frames a second is NOT cool ...

So I ignore yellows always. Red ... if I "know" there's a major effect there, I'll check it out. At times, knowing there's nothing there different from other clips, I'll just ignore unless a problem pops up.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking - you do have in and out marks set for the area you want to render, correct? If the in and out points are set to an area of the timeline where rendering is not required, then nothing will happen when you elect "Render  In to Out".

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, so dumb i was!!

thanks brother it worked

i had mistakenly added in and out marks outside my video's timeline😅

thnaks bro

i thought i needed to again edit my video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@slceric, I'm happy you found a solution!

Would you mark Meg The Dog's answer as the correct answer so that the question is marked SOLVED.

This will help others with the same problem (like my co-worker, ) find this solution when they're in the same situation. I think it also rewards her in the community for providing a correct answer.

Thanks, and happy editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having poor playback, even where Adobe says I don't need to render.  Yet if I export and FORCE the render, that new clip is PERFECT and I can insert it into my timeline to replace the problem section.   So, Adobe should realize that sometimes, as the editors, we want to render out a segment that has errors because we SEE the errors, we just don't perform an algorythm and say "no rendering required".  Sometimes I have clients that want to view the entire timeline and I don't want them to see all the stutters and skipping that comes with playback of segments that DON'T NEED RENDERING.  We were able to "pre-render" segments in previous versions, this should be allowed again, so what if it takes up ram, I've got 128GB of ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're mis-interpreting what the lines mean. As they can't 'guarantee' how X will play back, that system has to make an informed guess.

So what the color of the bar means is pretty simple:

• Green:  good to go, expect no troubles.
  • Yellow: might or might not have playback issues, you need to check it.
  • Red: this is definitely going to have playback issues.

From looking at your image, I see why there's probably playback issues there, and the yellow is warning you about that potentiality. Sometimes the yellow on my rigs plays back sweet, sometimes it doesn't.

That's what the yellow bar is about.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its very much useful feature in premier pro where one can render only mark area "In to Out" render but now in update of 2023 its missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines