• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendered files jump / skip every second

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my machine from a 6 year old GPU to a RTX 3080 laptop (i.e. this is not a hardware restriction)

I'm experiencing issues with rendered 360 files from the new machine w.r.t. quality of rendered file.

Here is one file created on my old machine with no jump:

https://youtu.be/JArnPtoA00Y

Here is the new machine with the jumps (you need to watch in high resolution and zoom in to see it clearly):

https://youtu.be/d3GwaI5ou_s

Both rendered using Premiere Pro from the same source.

Interestingly, the files playback fine on the timeline at "full" resolution without this jump/skip in PP. I've rendered in different codecx (x264, HEVC), different resolutions (6K, 1920), different bitrate settings, etc etc. I've used media encoder and just encoded from Premiere direct... I'm out of ideas on how to fix this.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Fixed!

I have switched from hardware encoding to software encoding and the quality is vastly improved. So is this a GPU driver issue? Obviously software encoding is slower and I'd like to use my shiny new GPU bought for video editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro V15.2 fyi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My partner informs me that is more like a quality issue than a jump/skip. This user appears to be suffering from the same issue as well.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/rendered-file-drops-fps-shaky-vibrating/m-p/11992973

Note: I tried using V15.1 and V14.9 but the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Intel and Nvidia drivers.... Issue remains. Off to bed. Hopefully a kind super-user can help solve this while I sleep. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try upping the bit rate. I think I see the stuff you are mentioning, in the foreground especially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it. It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try rendering into Qtime/Prores or Cineform, and encode that into H.264 and see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work but thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed!

I have switched from hardware encoding to software encoding and the quality is vastly improved. So is this a GPU driver issue? Obviously software encoding is slower and I'd like to use my shiny new GPU bought for video editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://youtu.be/GEeTmARsT_0

^^^ software encoding only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines