Hi,

This is my system:

1TB SSD for software

500GB SSD for scratch

500GB SSD for project file

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core Processor

64GB RAM

GeForce RTX 2070 Super

I have the option to use CUDA and even hardware acceleration when rendering, but i noticed that during rendering, my GPU is at 0% while my CPU is at 100%. Is there any setting i am missing? as i am taking close to 10-15 mins to render a 45s to 1 min video clip with effects on(4-5 adjustment layers at the most).

In After Effects CC 2021 i have problem even previewing my work at quarter resolution. so it really crashes my workflow, to my understanding the PC shld be more than enough to work with PP/AE

Would appreciate any help i can get !

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What versions of Ae and Pr are you using? What codec is your footage? What codec are you exporting to? What effects are you using? We need more info to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi both CC2021 latest update as of today.

footage is H.264

exporting to H.264

effects applied were:

tint

emboss

noise

lens distortion

transform

brightness and contrast

lumetri colour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One thing is very important to understand. Premiere Pro is mainly CPU based. the GPU will be used in certain circumstances, when using Lumetri FX, some GPU accelerated FX, the hardware h264 Nvidia encoding...but most of the time, CPU is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i heard exporting uses GPU acceleration so my GPU should be used right? not very sure about it but GPU was at 0%, even opening chrome itself uses 2-4% of my GPU so im unsure if i didnt do anythign right with my GPU but recently an adobe help remote controlled my PC to help with the settings but it didnt help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending of your graphic card, you can use the GPU to export H264 faster yes. You have to make sure that hardware encoding is selected when you choose H264. This is the Nvidia NVENC encoder technology. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes as i mentioned i did all the necessary selection for hardware encoding but its still not being used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to update the GPU driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yupp everything is updated to the latest an adobe support helped but it didnt fix anything so was hoping to get some insights from the community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like example now im rendering an AE project via media encoder in H.264, youtube 1080p Full HD setting.

28 seconds project.

1920x1080 (1.0) 30 fps, Progressive, hardware Encoding, Nvidia Codec 

VBR 1 pass Target 16.00 Mbps 

Its been 2 hours 30 mins, and it says 30 more minutes to go 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the BIOS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any guide online that can teach me how to do that? so sorry i just converted to PC from an iMac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Gigabyte B550M Auros Elite if that helps, i saw im on version F3 but the latest is F13G but im not sure how it helps and not really sure about updating bios does it help premiere recognize my GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating the BIOS can help. A lot of the AMD PCIE 4 MOBOs needed a couple of BIOS updates. That is what happens with new technology. There might be a YouTube video that can help you update your BIOS. Every motherboard is different but you just need to find one that is a lot like yours to help guide you through. It is not that hard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you have anny update for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines