Rendering slow with GPU acceleration

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I have a PC with a core i9 9900kf 3.60GHz and GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER. 32 GB ram (I don't know what other information you all will need)

This is the first time I attempted to use dynamic link to add an effect from AE to my footage in Premiere Pro. I added the Remove noise effect to the entirety of my video which is about an hour and a half long.

When I go to render and replace it just stops. I'm looking at the performence monitor and I see zero GPU activity despite using (CUDA) and the CPU run aroud 50% before dropping off and it freezes. I get and encoder error and and have tried every tip I can find online.

Sequence settings are 1920 x 1080 ProRes 422.

I'm not expection it to be lighting fast but the fact that I don't see any activity on my GPU is making me wonder if somethings wrong. I just updated the drivers and still nothing. If anyone has an idea I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the source footage h.264? try pre-transcoding to prores first. and remove noise may not use gpu. neatvideo might be faster. do you mean the remove grain effect? try rendering from ae directly. there is a secret pref - purge every frame that can help with memory leaks.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to set 'Optimize rendering ..' to "Memory" (Edit > Preferences > Memory.. ). It some cases it renders more stable. Or better not to use dynamic links at all - do denoise first, save as prores422, import into PP and do all the rest. Also, you can use alternative (and way faster) free video denoiser, workflow is the same - denoise first, edit later:

Free Video Denoiser. How to reduce video noise, remove grain, HQ noise reduction, tutorial - YouTube

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines