• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering slowly using less system resources

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so over the last 2 week or so I've noticed Premiere taking and increasingly longer time to render out videos. Previously I would import an hour long video 1920x1080 60fps recorded via OBS using the h.264 codec. After editing it I could get the video to render out in about 15-25 minutes. The editing of the video was just some cuts moving audio slightly on the time line and some flip transitions. I was also using the GPU acceleration and it would use a good amount of my GPU and CPU. Here were my system specs a few weeks ago:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-core processor 3.2GHz

16GB G-skill ram running at 3200 MHz

Gigbyte GeForce 1060 OC 3gb

Since then I've realized one of my sticks of ram wasn't fully seated and I've upgraded my GPU. This is what I'm now running.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-core processor 3.2GHz

32GB G-skill ram running at 3200 MHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition 11gb

So now I just recorded about an hour long video same settings in OBS and Premiere edited it down to 73 mintues in length same transitions few audio mutes, and moving some bits around. So when I go to render the video it uses like 25% cpu and 20% gpu using the Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) renderer but the further the render gets the fewer resources it uses at about half way mark Premiere is only using 8-10% CPU and only 5% GPU.
I've spent several hours trying to troubleshoot it already. I've uninstalled and reinstalled adobe and ran the render again, I've tried Quick time codec, I've tried setting the video output to 23.976 fps and doing no editing and so far nothing has worked and gotten me back to my previous render times.

I mean I did change the settings on Witcher 3 from High to ultra/maxed out today but I've been having the same issue all week even before I got my new 2080 Ti.

If anyone has any ideas on what the issue could be I would welcome the feedback.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to point out that the raw footage is kept on my G drive and the output goes to my D drive both of which are SSDs. I even tried setting the Media Cache to a seperate drive with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try exporting at CBR 15 instead of VBR 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines