• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering takes 8 hours on Premier Pro - Help please :)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Quick question I got a bit of an ancient computer that's served me well for 5 years:

HP Envy Phoenix 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

32 GB Ram, 1 TB HD and 500 GB SSD

Nvidea GeForce GTX 770

I am finding that running Adobe Premiere and AE is particularly slow at times, rendering a 10 min youtube video with AE elements can take up to 8 hours! Just wanted to know if this is normal for this kind of computer and if I need to get a new one or is there something wrong. I do import procreate elements to overlay my videos and use a LUTs colour correction which I know adds extra processing but 8 hours render time is killing me. 

Thank you :)))

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has never been an AE Elements. Only the Pro version (or Creative Cloud version), as far as I know.

At any rate, it is becoming more and more normal for that system because newer versions of the software now no longer properly support older hardware that's more than about four years old. The GTX 770 is now seven years old, and the GPU chip that it is based on is now all of eight years old. And the i7-4790 is now more than six years old.

Furthermore, beginning with the 451.48 drivers (which introduced CUDA 11), none of the old first-gen Kepler chips like your GTX 770 are supported any more: The display driver will install and run, but CUDA will be disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, what I mean by AE elements - is I have effects that are from AE which I import on to the premier pro timeline. So I guess this behemoth of a computer has had its time, new one methinks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded Ram from 16 to 32 GB 

Any other kind of upgrades that may make a significant improvement or better to just get brand new PC with AMD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try a new GPU, in this case. However, while it can make a performance improvement, that improvement only goes so far. Better to just get a new PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is way to old to take advantage of the awesome features in Premiere Pro. Keep in mind only Intel CPUs have Quick Sync as seen in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU&feature=emb_logo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking to get an AMD PC over an intel processor. Anyone had any experience with either and have suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before investing in any upgrade make sure that your CPU is actually 100 loaded during that 8 hour export. Because if it's 25% or so, it's not a hardware problem, but a poorly optinized sofware. In that case you may get 2x faster export after upgrade, but thar's all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My video demonstrated if you edit or render to H.264/265 Intel's Quick Sync is nice to have. Keep in mind even a 12 Core AMD CPU and GPUs from AMD and Nvidia will have hard time editing some of the newer variations of H.264/265. Intel's Quick Sync will get a ravamp in 2021. Apple's A Bonic Chip and M1 chips can already play the newer variations of H.264/265.

AMD may or may not be your best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines