• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering with VST3 on audio crashes 100% of the time.

Mentor ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to render out some clips with a looming deadline... all my tracks have VST3 applied and Premiere crashes 100% of the time when i include audio in the render. I've just tested by starting a fresh project, adding a clip, applying a vst3 and then exporting. Pr 14.4 cannot render audio + vst3. Even Render and Replace fails and crashes the app.

This is a disaster.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've tried just about everything at this point, and the only thing that works is Exporting without the audio track. Nesting doesn't work, render and replace, new project, sending to Media Encoder, everything. It's all crashing. I have no problem using these plugins in my audio apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked with the company that makes the vst3?  Is it supposed to be compatible with premiere?   Will it work with audition?  If so, you might be able to send your sequence to audition or any of many DAWs...  When you say render, do you mean export?  Or are you rendering the timeline within premiere?  Were you ever able to hear the effect of the plugin?   Did this work in an earlier version of premiere?  If so, you probably should revert to that version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the questions. I tried any and all vst3 and they all crash the app when either rendering the audio or exporting the sequence. For many vst3, i also have identical vst2's and when i deleted all the vst3 from my tracks and subbed in the vst2 equivalent, the crashing stopped. Within Premiere, the vst3 plugins were working fine and as expected. Only when trying to render/export would the app crash. 

All the clips i needed to export were built over the past week in this version of Pr, so i wasn't able to use an earlier version. I'll see if i can get someone's attention on feedback to file a proper bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i work for a plugin company and we've also received complaints from our customers that the VST3 version of our plug-in is crashing Premiere after an export is completed. just confirmed this in Premiere Pro 2021 (version 15.1.0 / build 48).

after some investigation it looks like the crash is caused by Premiere calling the constructor of both the plug-in's processor and editor when starting to export, but only calling the processor's desctructor after the export is finished, leaving the editor hanging (while probably also leaking memory?). our plug-in works in every other major host so it definitely seems like Premiere is doing something wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuing to get this error also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue a year later...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Still a major issue . Because VST is a standard, no matter if V2 or V3, it should not matter if it is Premiere compliant. Where do we end up with standards that apply to everyone but Adobe. Many plugins also many VST 2 plugin lead to a crash when exporting. Even if the plugin function was granted in Premiere and could also be edited.
Meanwhile here has been improved and the crashes are no longer as frequent as before.
maxh83463823 described it well. Meanwhile this is the most frequent error. Alternatively, the audio playback, directly when using the VST, with a crackle completely out and is only available again after a restart.

Exporting via audition and editing takes too much time with the amount of videos and many cuts, error-prone and takes me too long.
So I no longer use Premiere when there is a need to do audio editing. 😞

VST is a standard and works in all other software without problems. Why not in Premiere.

By the way, Wave plgins work most of the time. Plugins renowned manufacturers such as SSL (and others) do not work at all. A NOGO for a video editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please file a bug report...   Although, adobe employees do sometimes monitor this forum, this is the sure way to get their attention.  And when you do, you might come back to this thread and post a link to the bug report and ask that anyone experiencing the same issue, "upvote" the bug...Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 10.31.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines