Highlighted

Rendering with VST3 on audio crashes 100% of the time.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to render out some clips with a looming deadline... all my tracks have VST3 applied and Premiere crashes 100% of the time when i include audio in the render. I've just tested by starting a fresh project, adding a clip, applying a vst3 and then exporting. Pr 14.4 cannot render audio + vst3. Even Render and Replace fails and crashes the app.

This is a disaster.

Win10 v2004 :: i7-9700 :: 64GB + m.2 :: Nvidia 2070 8GB
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rendering with VST3 on audio crashes 100% of the time.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to render out some clips with a looming deadline... all my tracks have VST3 applied and Premiere crashes 100% of the time when i include audio in the render. I've just tested by starting a fresh project, adding a clip, applying a vst3 and then exporting. Pr 14.4 cannot render audio + vst3. Even Render and Replace fails and crashes the app.

This is a disaster.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've tried just about everything at this point, and the only thing that works is Exporting without the audio track. Nesting doesn't work, render and replace, new project, sending to Media Encoder, everything. It's all crashing. I have no problem using these plugins in my audio apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you checked with the company that makes the vst3?  Is it supposed to be compatible with premiere?   Will it work with audition?  If so, you might be able to send your sequence to audition or any of many DAWs...  When you say render, do you mean export?  Or are you rendering the timeline within premiere?  Were you ever able to hear the effect of the plugin?   Did this work in an earlier version of premiere?  If so, you probably should revert to that version...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the questions. I tried any and all vst3 and they all crash the app when either rendering the audio or exporting the sequence. For many vst3, i also have identical vst2's and when i deleted all the vst3 from my tracks and subbed in the vst2 equivalent, the crashing stopped. Within Premiere, the vst3 plugins were working fine and as expected. Only when trying to render/export would the app crash. 

All the clips i needed to export were built over the past week in this version of Pr, so i wasn't able to use an earlier version. I'll see if i can get someone's attention on feedback to file a proper bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0