• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more a beginner with Premiere Pro (Creative Cloud), so this may be an idea that would not work given how the app processes, but it would be pretty great if Rendering were like encoding and you could put projects in a queue and render at a convenient time.
Rendering takes a lot of time, and just being able to move on with my next project in Premiere Pro without having to wait 20 minutes to an hour, or more, for rendering would be fabulous. 
Even if I just had the ability to open and work on another project or open multiple instances of Premiere Pro to work on other projects, while a project (or 2) is rendering would be lovely. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option aleady exists for proxy creations and exports. In the bottom of the Export dialog for example, "Queue" sends the export over to the queue in MediaEncoder, and you can start the queue and it will run in the background. It will auto-slow the export to keep Premiere running normally, speed up work on the export when Premiere isn't using resources it needs.

Proxy creation is the same, it runs in Me in the background.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you R Neil,

I'll have to look up what you mean by Proxy creation and whether or not that is the same thing as rendering. Like I said, kind of a beginner. But at least now I have an item to research. 

Very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I just had the ability to open and work on another project or open multiple instances of Premiere Pro to work on other projects, while a project (or 2) is rendering would be lovely. 

Thank you.

By @bsandecki

Do you need to render the timeline? I have seen many people during the years that render the timeline because they thought they must do that before exporting a project. In most cases it´s not necessary to render the timeline, sometimes it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Averdahl,

Thank you so much for your help.
We don't always need to render, but we do have some videos where it does result in a smoother play.

I pick and choose what needs rendering and not.

Thank you again!

Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, yes, if you're talking a "straight" render by hitting the Enter key, or a render & replace ... both of those are unfortunately "foreground" operations, and Premiere is stuck where it is until they're done. Very annoying, yes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines