• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renders are taking quite a while, I'm brand new to Premiere and unsure if this is normal.

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was making a video for school, simply was putting about 7 clips together, speeding a few up, and then went to export it in 1080p in the PNG format, and it seems to be taking quite a while. An hour? To export a 11 minute video?

I'm running an Intel Core i9-10900K, 32GB of DDR4-3600MHz RAM, and a GTX 980 Ti here. I'm not even hitting 1% GPU usage, and CPU usage is around 12%, program's not even using up 4GB of RAM. Says that it's encoding the video, what gives? It's not even close to bottoming out my hardware because it's clearly not even using it.

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Hi d,

Sorry! PNG is a still image sequence format. Probably, not a suitable format for standard use. Please try the H.264 format. Return with questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the PNG format, out of curiosity?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the first one that I clicked that didn't force me to render in an obscenely low resolution. AVI was the default, but it exported in 720x480 and would not let me change it... export took about 2 minutes, and looked like crap as expected.

Is there a better format to use in this scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I changed "Render at Maximum Depth" to "Off", and the estimate still seems very high at around 45 - 50 minutes fluctuating occasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double checking but your intention is to export a PNG sequence? Or are you trying to export a self-contained video?

You can also check the cores of your CPU to see if some are being maxed out. You are only looking at the average usage, but if you're being throttled by something that's single-threaded then that might be a bottleneck for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a self-contained video that can be played back on just any old laptop through the default Windows tools. I apologize for my ingorance, I just basically chose a random format because most of them either didn't allow me to export in the resolution that I wanted, or were super compressed. Could you direct me to a format that is more efficient?

I checked in Resource Monitor to check, and it is indeed using one thread for the whole thing, instead of using all... twenty of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi d,

Sorry! PNG is a still image sequence format. Probably, not a suitable format for standard use. Please try the H.264 format. Return with questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like it was totally not doing what I needed, PNG is not what I should use... exported about 5000 photos instead of a video. Probably should have checked which format to use prior to clicking that, ha.

Looks like that fixed it. The render estimate is around 5 minutes now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines