Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renders disappear

Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something always baffles me. 

Why is it I can render something (e.g. Render in to out) and my timeline indicates green. And the payback is fine. And the export is great (and fast). But the next day after I power-up and open the project my timeline is once again dappled with red & yellow sections?

Why does PP lose track of the renders?
In an Avid MC system once I render it, it’s done forever - unless I change a parameter or delete the media myself.
So I find the unprovoked disappearance of rendered files not annoy annoying but terrifying.
Sometimes I may want to screen something the next day and I’d like to assume all is well and ready to go for tomorrow.
Now I find myself showing up early just to re-render everything again.

(Before you ask, my cache is not set to delete in X days)

><({(º> 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BrownFish,

Describe your system a bit better for us. What kind of CPU/GPU? More importantly, where do you store your video preview files? Do you use a NAS or any other device you power up and down for those previews? What is the format for your video previews, did you change it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen this from time to time.

To solve this I toggle the eye off and on for V1; render files reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines