Highlighted

Reorganizing and linking clips after finishing a project

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the way I organize clips, photos and other assets, but I already finished the project in the timeline. If I gather a bunch of clips into an additional folder inside the main folder, will I have to relink them everytime I open the project? Is there a better way to do it so the project links to them in their new location automatically? I know I should have organized them better in the beginning, but it's too late for that. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reorganizing and linking clips after finishing a project

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the way I organize clips, photos and other assets, but I already finished the project in the timeline. If I gather a bunch of clips into an additional folder inside the main folder, will I have to relink them everytime I open the project? Is there a better way to do it so the project links to them in their new location automatically? I know I should have organized them better in the beginning, but it's too late for that. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're moving this bunch to another one single folder so you will have to link 1 single clip so the other clips will relink automatically and sometimes without even relinking this 1 single clip... premiere automatically do it especially that this new folder is in the main one.

Ps: you're obliged to relink every clip in case you moved your rushes to different folders and locations on your pc but in your case it's really easy because it's a bunch moved to one folder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0