Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repetitive System Compatibility Report Unsupported Video Driver Error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All.

I've had Premiere for some time now. But I've been running into a lot of issues regarding the Graphics Driver. I've looked this up on Google several times for other people who have the same issues as me, but I did not find anything. I have a Dell Laptop that I use for Premiere and it works fine for me. When I first installed Premiere, it worked fine it had no issues. On about the 4th time I ran Premiere, a System Compatability Report popped up (Image Attatched). So, I followed the instructions; I clicked "Fix" which took me to a link to manually install an Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10 (Image Attatched). I then downloaded the igxpin.exe zip file, and ran the igxpin application (Image Attatched). I followed the instructions on the website and did exactly what it said. After the drivers installed, I restarted my computer.

After my computer restarted, I went ahead and launched Premiere Pro. This time, it did not give me a System Compatability Report and worked just fine. I thought to myself that the problem had finally been solved. But nonetheless, when I launched Premiere on my 4-5th time after installing the graphics driver, it gave me another same System Compatability Report. I already installed the graphics driver, why is it asking me to install it again? It's almost as if the computer forgets that it has the correct driver installed. When I download the driver again, Premiere works upon launching. But then it stops being compatible again and gives me System Compatability Report.

I came to the conclusion that Premiere works right after I install the the graphics driver its prompting me to install. But then stops working when I launch and close Premiere 4 or more times. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my computer graphics driver, and it still did not work. Nothing has been working at this point. I've attatched my system specifications as well as the report with notepad. I'd greatly appreciate any help that is given.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A.Kodirov,

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the detailed post.

I checked the System Compatibility report that you attached, it looks like the Intel GPU driver that is installed on your computer is not updated.

Try installing the latest version of the GPU driver as instructed here. Also, verify the installation from the Device Manager.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishi Kush,
Thanks for the help. The links you provided me led me to install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant which autmatically helps me install the latest software updates for my pc. I got 3 available updates in which one showed the following driver: Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers. 

Annotation 2020-07-14 110826.jpg

I downloaded and installed this driver and got the following error:

driver-not-validated.png

It says that my computer has available driver updates, but when I download it it says that "the driver installed is not validated for this computer." I don't know how this works. And *why* it shows me an available update if its not validated for my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the problem:

Your PC was manufactured and sold prior to Intel's adoption of the DCH driver model for graphics drivers. As such, it uses an OEM-customized version of the legacy Intel drivers. Unfortunately, these OEM-specific legacy graphics drivers very seldom get updated at all by the system OEM. And those that do all too often only update the drivers once or twice, and then completely discontinue all support whatsoever for the model(s) in question.

Worse, Intel's generic graphics drivers cannot be installed at all on top of any OEM-specific legacy driver no matter what. So, the only way to properly install the new driver would be to temporarily disconnect from the Internet, completely uninstall and delete all traces of the OEM-specific graphics driver, and then install the new driver (all while temporarily disconnected from the Internet). Restart your PC. At this point you may now reconnect to the Internet. If you do not disconnect from the Internet during the update process, Microsoft Update will re-download and re-install the same old driver version that's giving you compatibility trouble on top of the new driver - which is what you don't want at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply!
This seems like a long process. May I ask you to please write me a step by step process of exactly what I should do?
Thank you once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines