• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Lumetri

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, im new to this forum. Ive been editing in premiere and to be honest find the lumetri color grading unnecessarily complicated. This is probably not possible but is there any way to use the lightroom color editing format in premiere? In other words replace lumetri with something similar to the lightroom color format. Lightroom is so incredibly easy to use especially with enhancing colors, and I would love something as simple in premiere pro. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing you already know the answer: no.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you hadn't noted, Lumetri was designed starting from the look/style of Lightroom's contols layout.

I came into video post from 30+ years in pro portrait photograpy ... as in, our entire houshold income was from our studio, with numeorus employees, and our own full color wetlab for doing our own studio work and that of other picky sots like us. We were also probably the first 'major' portrait studio in the state to go full digital. So when I added video, I'd had extensive background in Lightroom from public beta 0.8 through ... whatever it was at in 2013. Plus all the work in Photoshop since about 1984 from using that with scanned old images.

I expected color work to be similar. It ain't. In stills, you're working one image at a time. In video, the app has to work on hundreds if not thousands of images near simultaneously ... so the actual operational part ain't the same.

And video files are not still files in any way shape or form.

This is a different beast. The underlying process is not that complicated, but the tools need to allow for a ton of variable uses. Yea, it's bewildering at first.

I've got some explanations on my blog, including examples on how the controls work and also showing how the basic process works. I'd recommend you go look at it. I'm linking to page 2, the earlier page ... scroll down to the bottom and start there. This is for those coming into Premiere, is easy to understand and clear. And yea, a couple things have changed and are covered in later posts.

Starting a Grade: rNeil Photog.com

I'm also a contributing author at MixingLight.com, a professional colorist's website. Over there, I cover color in Premiere. It's of course far more detailed and high-end for what is assumed to be basic knowledge. And ... some things are outside their paywall, most not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines