• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace with After Effects Composition not working....

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using AE (15.0.1 Build 73) and PP (12.1.0 Build 186).

I am trying to send a clip to AE from PP by selecting the clip, using the 'Replace with After Effects Composition' command. This creates a linked Comp in AE that is empty and missing the media. The original clip in PP then goes black and disappears.  I need to do some logo removal on a couple of seconds of a long clip and I don't want to start exporting sub clips.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

uninstall premiere and after effects then install them again, sometimes new updates

do not show up on the cc app, it happened with me lately, I guess either of them

is not compatible with the other update

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start from the reverse position.  Open AE, bring in the original clip, do the work, then import that comp into PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that Simon. I was looking to solve the problem rather than use a workaround. I have lots of clips to do, and only need to do roto on a small section of the clip. I just wondered if it a know issue with a known fix. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editor's choice, of course, but...don't let the issue slow you down too much.  There are times when you just have to go with whatever works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to update both to latest versions

check your file names and folder names, if the naming is complex, rename to make it simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version (no more updates are available for either on CC). I have run tests with simple names in top level folder. The issue persists. Intriguing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall premiere and after effects then install them again, sometimes new updates

do not show up on the cc app, it happened with me lately, I guess either of them

is not compatible with the other update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're actually not running the latest version of PP, which is 12.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah and not the latest AE update either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for that advice. Uninstall and updated to PP 12.1.1 and AE 15.1.1. That has fixed it. That will teach me to trust the CC installer.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem man ! Great its working again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem, tried uninstalling and installing (it didnt work), tried restarting my laptop (didn't work), I finally fixed it by clearing up some storage in my C: drive. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines