• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

replacement for Encore

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since adobe Quinn quit encore I have been looking four a replacement for our DVD menu editing and building. Can someone suggest a replacement, I really need it ASAP

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Encore is dead because of third party legal issues and will never be revived.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhh took ik the wrong way....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it would cost to much money to create something as complex as Encore but we need a DVD/4K Blu-ray authoring solution. DVD and Blu-ray authoring gets mentioned in the FCPX forums, Edius forums, Premiere Pro forums, Avid forums etc. There has to be money to be made from an inexpensive DVD/Blu-ray solution. I say bundle it with Premiere Pro but make FCPX, Edius and Avid users pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andy (and everyone)

The myth that it would cost too much to develop is utter nonsense.

As I keep saying, the original AuthorCore is almost certainly up for licensing again now that Scenarist LLC own their tools again, having bought back after  the disastrous corporate sellout from Sonic Solutions to Rovi, who IMO had only bought Sonic in order to close them down as Rovi's main market is streaming on Demand (or the SOD model as I like to call it).

The biggest problem for starting from scratch as a developer is the cost of being a licensed developer, and without being a licensed developer you cannot create BDCMF replication masters and you cannot sell BD-R in any form as Blu-ray, because according to Sony (who own the format) it is non compliant product. 

So the answer is to license an authorcore, just as Adobe did with Encore.

I hear the comments about the insane metrics and agree completely that anybody who bases serious decisions based on what an algorithm tells them should be decreed clinically insane, as no algorithm is better than the assumptions used & the programmers who wrote it. And all too often these things are done specifically to output a desired answer as opposed to what is reality.

The whole world has gone mad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I actually get quotes these days? Call me a dumb newbie, but I cannot see how to do it when it used to be right there in plain sight. sighs. It's a hard life, being a luddite these days.

Which seamlessly branching off there back on thread, but I am sorry to say to Ann above that in all seriousness, going to 4K Blu-ray would be an utter waste of development money as the physical 'Ultra HD Blu-ray' media is falling flat almost as quickly as Blu-ray 3D did (guys, the clue there was always the glasses - any media that uses trick glasses is not going to do well commercially), Ultra HD (aka 4K) - anyone who has not already gone down that path probably won't bother and as the accountants will tell you any production you put out on 4K also requires a separate, independent one at 'regular' 1080p True HD - remember this? The one the studios touted as 'the bestest evah', and the self-same format that is exponentially more expensive to produce than DVD ever was even at it's most pretentious easter-egg laden worst all the way back to late last century. Sorry peeps, I am in whimsical mood here but please bear wiith me - there is a point, and I will (eventually) get to it.

Ahem.

Now where was I? Oh yes - the delicious irony of DVD still refusing to go away mainly because the Blu-ray market has not grown in the same manner that DVD did and I cannot but help wonder if this is yet another cost cutting exercise forced onto programme & content makers for economic reasons when cutting down the quality of your filming would seem to be at cross-purposes with what you are doing! Nonetheless, after accountants up & down the industry had got rid of all the wonderful 35 & 70mm cameras, the editing machines, their maintenance & the skill needed to keep them working in favour of shooting 'directly to NTSC Digital' so there is a whole period of probably close to 20 years where all that exists now are NTSC Video files, probably stored as mp4 (which is indeed, sad to say, lossy).

DVD costs a fraction of what it costs on Blu-ray, and you can double that again if you want a 4k version.

You can start with a 1920x1080/24fps HD mastered video file nowadays and drop that to DVD whilst keeping the progressive flags. Any modern upscaling player will have no difficulty outputting such a DVD and it can look great - a trick Hollywood has known for decades now.

Adobe really should get back to Encore - I wager they still have not even approached Scenarist LLC about re-licensing the old Authorcore, which is full spec if anybody coded it ON in the GUI.

It's not HD or Blu-ray, but at the factory costs for Blu you are probably better off on Vimeo or similar, creating your own MP4 for that, and selling DVD done as well as you can make them at pennies a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How do I actually get quotes these days? "

I do it manually by copying and pasting into a reply.  I then add Bold, Italic, quotation marks, and color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, I searched and found https://www.scenarist.com/

Lots of good verbage about what the program(s) will do... but NO prices

When I click their purchase link, it goes to a form to send information to then be contacted by a reseller

That may work for other people, but I'm not interested in that kind of product where the vendor can't just post links to places to buy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont think you want to know the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the serial number CS6 so I can't verify the possible solution at the end of the message below, but it is claimed there that it is still possible to install Encore and use it via the Cloud, by following the exact instructions in the message from Averdahl... as always with old links, copy the download to an external device
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-is-everyone-making-dvd-s-in-premiere-pro-without-enc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 will not reincode videos for DVD and Blu-ray if you export the video from Premiere as MPEG2 DVD or H.264 Blu-ray.  The program only works on the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines