• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing white background with static background or animation

Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has probably already been asked and answered, but I'm not sure what the appropriate terminology is.

I used Premiere Pro some time ago to create an animated video. Now I want to set up a space in my apartment where I can produce live videos. Basically, I just want to videotape myself talking about various topics. But I need a good backdrop/background, which is a challenge in my small apartment.

I don't think I have enough space for a rear projection screen. Basically, I just have enough space to squeeze a screen between my couch and my front window.

So I'm thinking of either sticking a white screen or hanging a white sheet behind my couch, which brings me to my question...

Is there a way to take a video and replace a uniform (e.g. white) background with either a static image or a second animation? I think I remember reading about it, but I can't remember the details.

As an example, imagine a person sitting in front of a video camera talking about aviation. Behind him is a white screen or sheet.

However, in place of a white background, viewers see a person talking about aviation with planes flying in the sky in the background. Later, they see a static image of a drone. However, the video and static image never obscure the speaker; they are only visible wherever a white background is visible in the original video.

Can this be done? If so, what are some key words or terms I can use to search for more information?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Search as many tutorials on how to do green screen as you need - there are lots of them. The one you've found I'm sure will be fine.

Green (or Blue) are the standard colours to use for the keying you want to do. Don't use white - it won't work.

For what you want you can (fairly cheaply) get some green screen cloth and hang it behind you. Try searching 'greenscreen background with stand' on somewhere like Amazon if you want to buy.

There are however a number of important things to do to get a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found the answer here -- (How to remove a video green screen)

Can someone verify that this is the best solution? Is green preferred as a default removable background over white?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search as many tutorials on how to do green screen as you need - there are lots of them. The one you've found I'm sure will be fine.

Green (or Blue) are the standard colours to use for the keying you want to do. Don't use white - it won't work.

For what you want you can (fairly cheaply) get some green screen cloth and hang it behind you. Try searching 'greenscreen background with stand' on somewhere like Amazon if you want to buy.

There are however a number of important things to do to get a good 'key' from your greenscreen. Just a couple to start with. 

1. light your greenscreen background and make the lighting 'even' so that the green throughout your shot is close to the same across the entire frame. This will make for an easier 'key' in Premiere Pro (start with using the 'Ultra Key' effect in Premiere Pro)

2. try and keep some distance between your subject (you) and the green background.

That's it to start. There is a ton of information available online about good greenscreen when you need to know more.

Just search 'greenscreen tutorial'. Or come back here with specific questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome tips; thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines