• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Require help working with Drone subtitles/closed captions - Premiere Pro CC 2019

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I require some help with subtitles in Pemiere Pro CC 2019. I've got some footage I recorded with my drone, in which I enabled captions, when I view the video in VLC Player I can enable the captions/subtitles which display my drones telemetry data in subtitle format at the bottom of the video. I'm trying to edit this footage in pemiere, however I cannot work out how to view or edit the closed captions/subtitles?? I've found the captions tab, however I can only find instructions on how to import SRT files or create subtitles from scratch, nothing about using the ones which are already attached to my drones MOV format footage? Can anybody advise me how I can get this to work? I require the telemetry data displayed as it is in the original raw footage although I just need to trim the footage a little and add some titles using premiere for work purposes. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This will probably require extracting the subtitles as a file using a third party tool. Or perhaps a third party tool to burn them in.

Post a screenshot using MediaInfo in the tree view. This should tell us what type of embedded subtitles you have.

Check your preferences (I think under media or general) to make sure you are set to import embedded captions. But I suspect the format will not work.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines