Highlighted

reset the starting time code of videos

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For unknown reasons, the videos we got from our Media department (uses SONY HD camera) has time code starting at 05:24:33:04 instead of 00:00:00:00. It messes up the workflow when editing timecode is based on the starting point 00:00:00:00.

Is there a way to reset the Media Start time of videos to 00:00:00:00?

Thanks,

Right click the clips in the bin and choose the Timecode tab.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

reset the starting time code of videos

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For unknown reasons, the videos we got from our Media department (uses SONY HD camera) has time code starting at 05:24:33:04 instead of 00:00:00:00. It messes up the workflow when editing timecode is based on the starting point 00:00:00:00.

Is there a way to reset the Media Start time of videos to 00:00:00:00?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Right click the clips in the bin and try to  choose the Time  code tab. There is 'NO TIME CODE' Tab in the list that appears ... Am I looking at the right list ? Where is the time code tab?  Thanks You

Off the subject :  there is so much I don't under stand 'Nomenclature ect.' where is a good place to start all over with the destinations right up through the basics.  I've been using Premiere in some form since the 80's and never really learned the ins and outs properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is so much I don't under stand

Start with that.  Look up the definitions of any words you don't understand.  Don't move on until you have that word properly defined for the context.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite question. Time code defaults to 00:00:00:00 and it is grayed out in the Effects tab. I want to distinguish between several sections of a project and start at :01 hour, :02 hour, etc. and I don't want to duplicate time code.  How do I change the start time?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not fully understand what you're trying to do, but you can change the start time of a sequence by right clicking the three bars next to the sequence name and choosing Start Time.

PhillipJoseph_0-1588100079118.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the footage in the project panel > Click on Clip Menu > Choose Modifty > Click on Timecode. A dialogue box would appear. Reset that dialogue box to 00:00:00:00.

Voila.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines