Resolution Balance in a Dual screen setup

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 screens on my computer. 1 is a 28inch 1080p and the other is a 32inch 2k(qhd). so I am upgrading the 28" to a 32" and wanted to just get the same pannel to have identical processing for each monitor, think that this is better for my GFX card.

Am I really missing anything not having a 4k or 1:1 representation of my 4k projects in a dual-screen setup?
I deliver 4k about 30% of the time.
The 32" is calibrated and 10bit.

TOPICS
Editing, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Resolution Balance in a Dual screen setup

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 screens on my computer. 1 is a 28inch 1080p and the other is a 32inch 2k(qhd). so I am upgrading the 28" to a 32" and wanted to just get the same pannel to have identical processing for each monitor, think that this is better for my GFX card.

Am I really missing anything not having a 4k or 1:1 representation of my 4k projects in a dual-screen setup?
I deliver 4k about 30% of the time.
The 32" is calibrated and 10bit.

TOPICS
Editing, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three screens on my desktop ... main UI is an LG Ultrawide 2560x1080; to left, Dell U2312HM 23" 1920x1080, both scaled at 100% in Windows. Third is above the LG, and is a BenQ PD2720U 32" UHD scaled to 200% in Windows. I primarily use the BenQ as a reference monitor, Transmit Out work.

But at times I've used it for Premiere's main UI because of running multiple things at once. It all works together quite well. And for the way the K count is going up I would suggest having one screen at least at UHD.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you may have a point there. I just love my BenQ PD3200Q and there is a 300 dollar premium on 4k/UHD to stick with the same company. I have an LG 4k I normally output to see the final in a consumer format. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing....
Is refresh rate a consideration? I am on a 60hz but not sure if having 90 or 100hz would be a positive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most colorists want their "reference" monitor set to refresh at the exact rate of the sequence framerate. Or double.

It gives you a bit cleaner look at the image. Other than that, probably doesn't matter.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1