• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolve the timecode start relink bug when using 23.976 BRAW clips in Premiere Pro 14.7

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the Premiere Dev team!

Thanks for the updates - but a quick reminder that we are still waiting for you to resolve the timecode start relink bug when using 23.976 BRAW clips. This has been ongoing for the entire PP2020 release, with literally hundreds of users begging for you to fix this. An entire 3rd party plugin exists just to try and fix the projects that Premiere Pro screws up (autokroma braw studio). Blackmagic cameras are not going away, and the new models are ONLY shooting BRAW. FIX THIS PLEASE. I'm beginning to shift my team away from Premiere and the whole CC suite for this reason alone. I have to be able to edit this footage without worry if I am to continue to use it in a professional capacity! I cannot stress this enough that you need to  prioritize this bug!!

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey RTL Dan,

Sorry. Is it possible to direct your bug report to BMD? They are the ones making the plug-in, not Adobe. We have no control over their software and can only do so much from our side.

Though Adobe supports several RAW formats, BRAW is not one of them. It is not on the list of supported formats yet. You can make a feature request for BRAW native support here. You wouldn't be alone.

Most people using that format professionally seem to choose the Autokroma plug-in instead of relying on the BRAW plug-in from BMD. Not that I can recommend it, but just as an observer, it has better track record, I'd say.

In the future, kindly direct feature requests and bug reports to the User Voice site I just linked to. You see, devs do not read these forums, as they are chiefly user to user based. That way, for sure, your bug report will be read. The exception to that is our Beta forums, where devs respond.

My colleagues and I are few, but we are the social support arm for Premiere Pro and would be glad to echo your feature request when given the opportunity or assist in any issues that we can help with.

It would be better to have BRAW native support, for sure, and on that point, I can definitely empathize.

Have a great day,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RTLDan, hello @Kevin-Monahan ,

It is indeed bugs coming from Adobe. I would just want to add precisions here : 

First this bug of bad timecode for some BRAW footage (23.97 framerate and 29.97 framerate + non-dropped frame timecode) has been fixed on Premiere Pro 14.3 by Adobe, but ONLY for 23.97 framerate BRAW footage (the issue remains for 29.97 framerate + Non-dropped frame timecode).

The bug comes from Adobe, because Premiere Pro doesn't let the third party importer set the timecode itself (it interprets the timecode itselft from the container metadata), so the third party importer can NOT fix this bug. With BRAW Studio, we just found workaround to correct the timecodes with our panel and also export the XML directly with the good timecodes inside, but the bug is still there.

But maybe RTL Dan is talking about the First Frame Shift Bug ? In that case, it happens with BRAW files with any framerate but also with other kind of files (R3D for example). We investigated this error and built an automatic tool in our panel to relocate the files in the project to prevent the bug to happen (this "Shift" happens when the project files need to be relocated). In the next version of BRAW Studio coming soon, we have a new way of correcting this in one click (without having to relocate the files !). We will contact Adobe devs soon with what we discovered to help them fix this problem.

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas, Hi Dan,

I will let the devs know, but the fulcrum is really User Voice, our customer facing bug report and feature request tool. Can one of you make a specific bug outside of the current BRAW support feature request on User Voice? BRAW users could then upvote. Mainly, I don't see any bug like this filed in our system either, so it would help. 

Community forums are mainly for exchanging info between users. Sorry for the frustration. Typically third party plug-ins are in the realm for outside developers, and I am out of the loop as far as any blockers that third party devs are experiencing, so I'm sorry if my response was a bit off base.

Have a great day.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer @Kevin-Monahan,

Yes I totally agree that the uservoice is the place to talk of those things. 

So in case some people come here and have the same problem :

No problem for your last answer I understand !

We will add some keys for the Adobe devs about the first "First Frame Shift" soon in the uservoice. Hoping that they will find how to fix the bug with this. 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already posted the issue in the devs slack just to put a little cream in their coffee this morning. Thank you, I just upvoted and advise everyone reading this to do the same. Thanks for making that a bit easier, Nicolas. Feel free to PM me at any time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines