Restore essential graphics

Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need help! I accidentally made an "Essential Graphics" stop working ... I didn't realize it and on my pc, I enabled the option to "open with": "Always use this application to open these files" and now I can't import any of these items ... Is there any way to restore them to the original version.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Restore essential graphics

Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need help! I accidentally made an "Essential Graphics" stop working ... I didn't realize it and on my pc, I enabled the option to "open with": "Always use this application to open these files" and now I can't import any of these items ... Is there any way to restore them to the original version.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean by "an Essential Graphics," do you mean a Motion Graphics Template (MOGRT)? You shouldn't be opening those from Windows Explorer, but instead should be importing the .mogrt file into Premiere via the Essential Graphics Panel, not via File > Import. 

If that doesn't help, please post full screenshots or a screen recording (embed them, please don't attach them) so we can see what's going on.

******[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]******

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! exactly! "Motion Graphics Template"!

I know I shouldn't import it, but I did it by mistake 😞 and now all the templates have become Premiere files and I can't do it through the premiere essential graphics panel and I don't know how to get everything back to normal!

Please, help!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as the extension of your templats is still .mogrt, it shouldn't matter what app they're associated with. How are you trying to import them to Premiere? At the bottom-right of the panel is a little icon that's a square with a plus (+) symbol. That will allow you to import files, but it will only show files with the .morgt extension. So if your MOGRTS no longer have that extension then that needs to be fixed.

Unfortunately, without a screenshot or screen recording I'm still not sure where exactly you're running into the issue. As long as the file has a .mogrt extension, you should be able to import it via the method I described above, regardless of what app that extension is associated with.

******[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]******

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files in blue are supposed to be .MOGRT, but the error was in opening them with another program and now I can't restore them to .MOGRT, this is my problem!

error.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what is the extension of those files? Is it .aep? If so, did you rename it to that? If you did, you should change the extension back to .mogrt, but that doesn't seem like this was the case.  Did you extract the .mogrt by unzipping it? If so, why not just re-export the mogrt from After Effects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were .mogrt but when trying to open them with After Effects the format was changed and now I cannot return them to .mogrt, I would like to know if there is a way to convert them back into .mogrt to be able to use them as motion graphic template. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the app association for extension, but just opening a file in a different program doesn't change the format of it. Can you right-click on the file and confirm the extension from the Properties dialog?

also, did you make this mogrt? If so, can you just export it again? I feel like there's a missing piece of information here. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0