Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retouching Beauty TV ad / Video material

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

I was wondering if any of you can point me out to resources how-to beauty retouch video material? How do you actually airbrush a person if it's a moving image? Do you do it frame by frame in photoshop and then transfer it to premiere pro (I suppose not because that would be very laborious and gave inconsistent results)? Or is there a specific technique/software that is used for that purpose? I was not able to find anything substantial by just googling it. Perhaps can someone point me out in the right direction?

Kind regards,

Bart

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some tracking in Premiere, a Google search for Premiere Mask Tracking will come up with some results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beauty work in video is pretty complex. Ann's suggestion of looking at the RedGiant Cosmo suite is spot-on, as you need very specialized tools to really do much. And you need the tools to be designed to work with video media.

You can do a bit in Premiere with say selecting skin in the HSL Secondary tab, then lowering sharpening ... but it's not really "beauty" work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this! Is there perhaps any cheaper, similarly capable tool that I could use to learn/practice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an old version of PPro and Resolve 15. There is a facial recognition thing in Resolve specifically for what you want, but I think you need the studio version ( $300 last I checked ) rather than free version. The online free PDF file ( resolve 15 advanced color grading) will explain how to use it. Basically the face is recognized by a mask that is divided into sections ( eyes, mouth, nose, etc. ) and you track it ( so the whole clip is included ). Then there are a bunch of adjustments you can make... eventually adjusting stuff to get rid of wrinkles, shadows, skin imperfections, and so on... also color ( tint ) ... 

When done you could export a nice intermediate and stick that back into PPro to continue your editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that plugin does not work with PremierePro? Sadly I do not use Resolve 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try https://www.sheffieldsoftworks.com/

Has helped me a great deal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ann suggested magic bullet thing...you are probably best off with that or the other plug in thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bart,

Thanks for the Q. No one's mentioned it yet, but a lot of people use this for that purpose: https://digitalanarchy.com/beautyVID/main.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines