Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieve audio from source clip?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

New to modern Premiere, thanks for your patience.

I am cutting some video to learn Premiere and somehow lost the audio from clips in the first half of the timeline. (I don't know how I did that.) 

The audio does still exist in the source clip, and I can watch it in the source window with audio, and frame match by selecting the clip in the timeline (say a 2min clip cut from a 2 hour source video). Some preliminary research suggested frame match might help me, and I then selected the clip in the timeline and right click: replace with clip > from source monitor, match frame. But this doesn't change anything and doesn't bring the audio back to the timeline. The audi exists in the source, and the source window shows the in and out points of the edited clip I select in the timeline, so it seems there should be a way to replace it with video and audio, with the eidts where I made them.

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated. I had cut a bit of stuff so I don't want to start over, but more importantly I want to know how to fix this in case it comes up again. The whole point was to learn, and I'm making mistakes so I will hopefully learn quickly 🙂

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making misstakes is part of the proces in learning how to use Premiere.

Match frame is the way to go.

Instead of replacing the clip you drag the audio down to the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann! That's really helpful, worked immediately and seems so obvious. I'm really happy to have that sorted out now, it worked a treat. 

It comes in with the edit points and audio, but effects keys (scale and translation) are gone. Is there an easy way to apply those, or batch copy/paste all keys from another clip? Currently I manually go through and copy/paste the values from each key, but I'm wondering if there is a more economical way to either

- keep the effects on the clip

- quickly transfer all effects from one clip to another

Please, thankyou and many thanks for the assistance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Alt+drag clip to clip on timeline will let you keep the effects.

- Copy one clip, select all others, right click Paste Attributes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou Ann. This is hugely helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines