• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverse match frame + Clip Usage in Productions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been playing with Productions in the new version: just a couple of questions...

As an example, let's say I have a Production with a MEDIA Project and a SEQUENCES Project. In my SEQEUNCES Project, I have a timeline, referencing clips from the MEDIA Project. 

1) Is there a way to reverse match frame from the MEDIA Project, to the timeline in the SEQUENCES Project? I haven't been able to get that to work.

2) Is there a way to see the clips used in the Timeline in the SEQUENCES Project in the browser of the MEDIA Project? Clip usage seems to only reveal which clips are being used in their respective projects. For example, multiple cameras in the MEDIA Project browser will show they are being used in a multicam sequence of that same MEDIA Project, but not in the Timeline they are edited in of the SEQUENCES Project. Is there a setting I'm missing?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Hi @originalsmiley,

This issue was fixed in version 15.2 (Premiere Pro 2021). Let the community know if this feature is not working for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smiley,

Thanks for the questions. I asked a developer to respond. Here are the responses:

1) Yes, this is a current limitation we are aware of and hope to enable it in the future.
2) Clip usage is only in a project because a Production can’t know about the projects that aren’t open.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get some clarity on question 2? What if both the Media project and the Sequences project are open within the production? Are you then able to see the clips used in the Timeline in the SEQUENCES Project in the browser of the MEDIA Project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old but I would LOVE to see this feature re-enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  It's insane that this doesn't work.  If the project can find a clip in another part of the production that's open, just send up an error prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this topic?

I'm about to start a new projects using the Productions workflow and I'd like to know wether or not this has been solved. 
Or if anyone has found a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Erik Ionatan Schatz,

I read your message. Thanks for the post. I will ask a team member to comment as I am unsure if the bug has been addressed yet. @mattchristensen1, do you have any insight on this issue with Productions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into it Keven. Hopefully, I'm doing something wrong but this is not currently working for me. I have to drag the clip I wish to reverse match frame into the same timeline as the other instance of this clip, match frame again, and then reverse match frame, and then delete the clip I dragged in. It works but the extra steps are annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I recall that not only worked before with projects open for both sequences and clips, but the video/audio usage from the project bin worked as well. Is that also the case for you too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to the noise that this NEEDS to work for modern workflows. Kind of a huge Achilles heel in my job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also adding to the request for this. For modern workflows especially those involving assistant editors (which is really what Productions is for, it feels like) it's super important to be able to match frame between a shot in a project containing the current edit, and another shared project containing the stringouts and setups of footage. Otherwise it's impossible to pinpoint what take might currently be in use quickly or to quickly locate alts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up for everyone on this thread: the noble Knights of the Editing Table have come to our rescue again and, with the new update, you can now a reverse match frame in all projects! Excalibur is an awesome tool all around but I would buy it all over again just for this one tool: 

https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgXdwwk5_AY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happily working in a production after importing my very large project file and breaking it up into many smaller project files within the production. So far so good. all the projects are referencing media clips that are organized in their own project file. The problem I'm running into is that I can't match and reverse match frame between sequences in different project files even though they're referencing the same clips.

The simplified scenario is as follows:

- Project 1 has video clips. Project 2 has Sequence A. Project 3 has Sequence B.

- Projects 2 and 3 don't hold any other material other than those sequences.

- Sequence A and Sequence B both include Clip 001, which is stored in Project 1.

If I match frame into Clip 001 from Sequence A, open Sequence B, and attempt to reverse match frame from the Source Panel, nothing happens. "Reveal in Project" confirms that both sequences are referencing the same Clip 001 in Project 1. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or has this been addressed in more recent versions of Premiere (I'm working in v14.3)? It seriously impacts my workflow if I can only match frame between sequences in the same project file, and doesn't seem in keeping with the whole thought process behind the Productions workflow.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I match frame a clip in the timeline, set new in and out points, delete the clip from the timeline, it then deletes it from my source monitor all together. But only if it's the single instance that clip is in the timeline. My guess is that because the media is loaded in another project than in my sequences, when I delete it and don't have that project open, there's no reference to it anymore. So it vanishes completely. This is extremely annoying and inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @originalsmiley,

This issue was fixed in version 15.2 (Premiere Pro 2021). Let the community know if this feature is not working for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reverse match frame seems to work. but does 15.2 also show where clips are being used in which timeline and which Project of the Production?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested this out in 24.1 and reverse match frame seems to to work between different projects in productions when I have the project open where the original media is housed. But, if that project with the original media is closed it does not seem to work. Excalibur works either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mattchristensen -

What do you think of @Zachcfowler's observation? Do we need to reopen this bug or create a new one? Or is this behavior as expected? Cheers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Kevin-Monahan ,

Reverse match frame in Production is not working like a normal Premiere project.

Reverse match frame in Production is working only from a source clip (loaded to source monitor from project folder) to a sequence.

not working with a clip loaded source monitor from a edit sequence.
(in other words, not working Reverse match frames from an edit sequence to another sequence via the source monitor)

Pr ver.24.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they both in the same Project? There's an issue I know of because the match frame only works within a Project ... and when the media is stored in X, your sequences in Y ... huh, you should be able to match but it doesn't seem to work across projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's across multiple projects within the same production.

the match frame work fine between project files. However, the reverse match frame does not work unless certain conditions are met.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @th_m,

Thanks for the message. Did you see this response? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/reverse-match-frame-clip-usage-in-production.... Let me know if that could be the case. I hope we can find a fix for you ASAP.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines