Reverse match frame between projects in Productions

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happily working in a production after importing my very large project file and breaking it up into many smaller project files within the production. So far so good. all the projects are referencing media clips that are organized in their own project file. The problem I'm running into is that I can't match and reverse match frame between sequences in different project files even though they're referencing the same clips.

The simplified scenario is as follows:

- Project 1 has video clips. Project 2 has Sequence A. Project 3 has Sequence B.

- Projects 2 and 3 don't hold any other material other than those sequences.

- Sequence A and Sequence B both include Clip 001, which is stored in Project 1.

If I match frame into Clip 001 from Sequence A, open Sequence B, and attempt to reverse match frame from the Source Panel, nothing happens. "Reveal in Project" confirms that both sequences are referencing the same Clip 001 in Project 1. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or has this been addressed in more recent versions of Premiere (I'm working in v14.3)? It seriously impacts my workflow if I can only match frame between sequences in the same project file, and doesn't seem in keeping with the whole thought process behind the Productions workflow.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?