• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverse of ripple delete?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been trying for a while to extend a clip in my timeline and push everything to the right, like the revers of ripple trim. How can I do that ? is making me crazyyyy! thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Just another thought to add, you can do a Ripple Edit, which is essentially exactly as you say. You can use the Ripple Edit tool, or when using the Selection tool, press and hold CTRL (CMD on Mac) and your icon will turn yellow.

Once you extend a clip out in this manner, it ripples all other edit points out to follow the edit you made. I believe this even ripples other tracks as well, but to be honest I can't remember off the top of my head. I admittedly often use the method R_Neil_Haugen mentio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasso all of the clips you want to move to the right and then click on them and move them. Then extend the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know that,, but over the time it gets tedious, especially if you have a large timeline. Are you aware of any shortcut ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "A" key ... which is "track select forward" ... hit that in the Timeline panel, then click the first clip of all that you want moved back, slide it all together.

Tap the "V" key or whatever editing mode you want to be in to be able to select or do whateve you want to do next.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another thought to add, you can do a Ripple Edit, which is essentially exactly as you say. You can use the Ripple Edit tool, or when using the Selection tool, press and hold CTRL (CMD on Mac) and your icon will turn yellow.

Once you extend a clip out in this manner, it ripples all other edit points out to follow the edit you made. I believe this even ripples other tracks as well, but to be honest I can't remember off the top of my head. I admittedly often use the method R_Neil_Haugen mentioned: track selection tool out of habit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shortcut for ripple edit tool is (B). Holding CTRL or CMD while on the select tool (V) will work, but might cause some confusion as the trip edit tool will kick in as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks guys, but if I do as you say it starts "eating " the follwing clip. Time stays the same and clips do not get pushed on the right. Pressing the A key as suggested by Neil seems to be a viable and time saving option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines