Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverting Audition audio files back to original files in Premier Pro

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a mac. Premier Pro v9.2 ZigZag

I edited my entire sequence and have it in its final form. The audio has some background noise so I did a right click, edit clip in adobe audition, then defined my noise patterns, applied it, and sent it back to premier.

The issue is that I would like to revert these (now audition audio clips) back to their original, form. The solution I have been told is to "Restore Unrendered".

However, when I do this, it replaces the audio segment with the proper unrendered audio track, but with the WRONG PART of the track itself. It starts with the beginning of the track every time, even if I am asking to replace a piece that occurred at the very end of the track.

To make things even weirder, it is only doing this with one track in particular. I can get other unrelated tracks to restore unredered just fine, but this one, no matter what piece of audio I am restoring, always restores with the very beginning of the whole audio track.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have to just do this the hard way and readd the original clip manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I did some changes to audio in Audition, but now after the final shape of the movie I decided that I need to do some effects different. But I can't as Premiere does not allow me to restore oryginal audio tracks. When I use "restore unrendered" option it loads audio completely out of sync. So in project with over 300 audio clips it would be ridicoulus to sync every clip manually. Adobe, please fix it and add an option to restore original audio that was in sync originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right clicking on the audio in the timeline and choosing replace with clip from project/bin and choosing the original audio file in the project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is why I always duplicate a clip on a higher (or lower) track and send to audition (or replace with ae comp) on the duplicate clip so I can always revert to the original track if necessary.  I seem to remember there's a way to find the original clilp, but this workflow seems safer to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This hack is what I am using and it seems to by much faster than finding each clip manualy. It does not replace the edited clip but it does create a new one with the orginial audio AND the correct time code in my timeline so it's easy to swap them manualy. http://rockerdown.com/blog/2017/4/15/how-to-restore-the-original-audio-in-adobe-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines