Reverting to proxies mid-edit

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm editing a short film and stupidly didn't start the edit using proxies. I'm now halfway in and my machine is struggling to keep up. 

If I were to make proxies now, would I need to redo the edit sequence on the timeline? Or is there a way to keep the timeline as is but link the clips to the proxies? 

Help and support is very much appreciated 🙂 

TOPICS
Editing, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it shouldn't be a problem, there won't be any changes of your edit points when you switch for the proxies, regardless of when you made them. You can make a copy of the project file prior to the proxy making, if you want to feel extra safe, but there shouldn't be any changes in your edit sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on all clips in project panel > Proxy > Create Proxies.

The proxies will automatically be generated and attached.

All you have to do is hit the proxy button in the Program Window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thank you. --
Harry

[Removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also set up a new project with proxies and import the old one into it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines