• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ringing "buzz" noise audio in Premiere CC only, for just a single clip.

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having pretty much the exact same issue as this person did back in 2012 with an old version of Premiere with one single interview clip in Adobe Premiere (take a look at link post below):

Ringing wind noise audio in Premiere only.

My issue (like the post above) is that the video clip in Premiere Pro CC 2017 either in the reference monitor or on the timeline has a "buzz" sound, that is not there after export (which is good at least), or present on the original clip on the memory card, or while being played in ANY media player (VLC, Quick Time, Windows Media on PC, etc.).

It is literally this one single clip, all other clips on the timeline and in the project do not have the buzz.  Just this one clip, in Premiere.

Does anyone know if there may be some sort of playback setting for an individual clip that could be at issue, or has anyone else run into this and figured out a solution?

I guess it is not a huge deal as long as it exports fine, but being able to hear the real audio in Premiere is important to know whether or not the clip is ok.

Any feedback on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no setting that would affect a single clip.  You might try converting that clip outside of PP, see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's weird is the clip plays fine in Premiere CS6 on my laptop. 

I did try to convert and export from CS6 and the result is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What did you convert it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an .mp4 exported.  The original clip is an .MTS.

I didn't convert audio or anything.  In audition, the audio sounds just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't have any ideas on why the weird sound.  All i can suggest are work arounds.

Try converting the clip to Cineform or DNxHD.  Try sending the audio to Audition and make a small change.  Open the clip in Audition and export out a new sound file to be Merged in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried converting to both Cineform and DNxHD.  No change.  Exported out a new sound file from Audition.  Same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

If you care to upload the offending clip to a file sharing site, I can take a look here.  Might find something I can't think of without direct examination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this issue too... as described here: Buzzing audio during playback only, exporting is fine.

In my case, I believe I've seen this twice when a nested clip has the only audio as a PCM wave with music... usually adjacent to other audio tracks that have audio disabled either at the same level or an inner (lower) nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try changing your audio hardware preferences. I had the same problem, until I change my Audio Hardware Preferences from ASIO4ALL v2 to my prefered FL Studios preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue too! I'm under the impression that it's a bug when too many audio tracks are on the timeline playing at once. Strange and annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone ever found a solution to this? I've read 10 posts and none of them have solutions. It's been over 2 months. Every export has a hum ADDED to it by premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines