Highlighted

Ripple Delete Captions? (along with video)

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a PPRo editor, FCPX myself, and though I’ve searched I can’t find the answer to whether it’s possible to ripple delete captions along with video. Goal is to keep captions synced when editing an already-captioned video.

I’ve got a project that’ll be edited on both PP & X, and this workflow needs to work on both. I’ve tested on X, it’s easy there.

(I see in this post there's a new caption workflow in beta, but all it says about ripple is "Ripple Trim", no elaboration.)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ripple Delete Captions? (along with video)

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a PPRo editor, FCPX myself, and though I’ve searched I can’t find the answer to whether it’s possible to ripple delete captions along with video. Goal is to keep captions synced when editing an already-captioned video.

I’ve got a project that’ll be edited on both PP & X, and this workflow needs to work on both. I’ve tested on X, it’s easy there.

(I see in this post there's a new caption workflow in beta, but all it says about ripple is "Ripple Trim", no elaboration.)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your final caption? Burnin, sidecar, or embed?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly sidecar, possibly burn.  Primary need is a SRT with the edited video.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test the workflow; no guarantees. But as long as you keep the captions on a single track, you export that track as a sidecar. Select the SEQUENCE in the project panel and File->Export->Captions. You can also export the sidecar in a regular export in the Captions tab.

Exporting this way preserves the timecodes from the sequence. 

You may not be able to cut the captions stream as you would expect. Cut between captions, and you may need to do it separately. But all tracks will move with the ripple delete once you have the cuts made.

I don't recall all the issues, but one of them was that you cannot split the captions between tracks.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0