Highlighted

Ripple Delete doesnt work always. Why?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, ripple delete there are some times that i cant use it. Some times it happens from a poin and on. Does it have something to do with having all the clips united wihtous spaces, or putting the workare bar in a specific point?

Thank you
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ripple Delete doesnt work always. Why?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, ripple delete there are some times that i cant use it. Some times it happens from a poin and on. Does it have something to do with having all the clips united wihtous spaces, or putting the workare bar in a specific point?

Thank you
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2008 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be enough room for all clips on all tracks to move. If that's not possible, Ripple Delete won't be available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2008 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can however avoid that by locking tracks that have no room to move and then ripple delete.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2008 0
People's Champ ,
Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio could be stopping you from using Ripple Delete.
artofzootography.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2008 7
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved my life. I cut my audio into many pieces and that's why I can't do Ripple Delete by pressing Alt + Delete. THANK YOU !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this reply is more than ten years old but yet is still saving lives!! 

Thank you sir. 😊

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some strange things with ripple trim and ripple delete before, sometimes a simple reboot solves it, some are persistent with a project but go away if I import the project into a new project. Some just never go away. At the end of the day, I work around it.

For example, I had an audio clip on Track 3 recently that would not ripple when I ripple trimmed a clip on Track 1 (video) 4 minutes ahead of it on the timeline. However, when I performed the first trim, and then did another very slight trim (say, maybe 4 frames or 4 seconds) it suddenly rippled. No reason why that would happen (very simple timeline, nothing blocking the clips on any of the other tracks), but there it was anyway, trimming on the second try (with various attempts at different durations of trim, too).

I'm sure there is a situation or certain setup of my files and combination of edit points that is triggering this bug once in a while, but I don't know exactly what it could be or why it would happen. Haven't had time to really dig in and see what the commonalities are yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2008 0
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along those lines, I had a faulty left-Ctrl key on an earlier laptop. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it did not. My solution was just a new laptop.

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2009 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can however avoid that by locking tracks that have no room to move and then ripple delete."

But then its no more a ripple delete but just a simple delete.

But i will see that thing about the room.

But how can there not be enough room for the clips that are after the clip you want to ripple delete?

They will simply move back to recover the empty space!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2008 0